+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application sent to Cairo Egypt please help

mido_y2j

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Hi I had a basic question about PR application inside Egypt I was approved for sponser 2 months ago and they said in the letter the PR application kit was sent to Cairo in Egypt and I was wondering if anyone has delt with Cairo knows how long it takes to know if the Application was recieved at this Cairo office??? I had contacted them but they said they have got nothing to date and I am hoping its not lost.Maybe someone knows how to find out if the application made it to its destination.Any help would be good thank you :eek:

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
mido_y2j said:
Hi I had a basic question about PR application inside Egypt I was approved for sponser 2 months ago and they said in the letter the PR application kit was sent to Cairo in Egypt and I was wondering if anyone has delt with Cairo knows how long it takes to know if the Application was recieved at this Cairo office??? I had contacted them but they said they have got nothing to date and I am hoping its not lost.Maybe someone knows how to find out if the application made it to its destination.Any help would be good thank you :eek:
I believe the following thread (in our forum) is dealing with immigration through Cairo office. Hope you may find help there:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-a-spouse-from-egypt-t8129.0.html

Apr 15, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
01-25-2010
Med's Done....
11-29-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-13-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2010
LANDED..........
08-20-2010
Welll I will tell you I was approved Jan 26th for sponsor for my husband who is in Cairo. They letter I received said thta CIC in Mississauga has sent application to Cairo jan 26th. Well after that we heard nothing until April 6th where it stated application is in proccess. So it took roughly 2.5 months before any update on our file where it just said processing and could take 6 months average for processing. Then Jul 13th my husband received a call from embassy requesting his passport to be sent for the visa..Just like that you dont hear nothing until they need someting from you or you have been approved for visa. We were lucky and i guess supplied enough proof of our relationship and marriage that the interview was waived but myself and my family (parents and siblings and nephews) all went to egypt and met his family which helped with our proof that we all stayed with his family for 2 weeks and I mysel with my daughter had gone there 3 times in 10 months.. My husband will now be finally coming to canada august sometime. I know its very stressful and the time feels like forever just be patient and dont call them asking for information as I heard it just pisses them off and they can deliberately delay your case. Wait for any letter or calls or emails from embassy in Cairo and check Ecase daily or every few days for updates (although Ecase has still not updated the PR approval for Visa. But in my case from start when I applied for sponsorship Jan 8th, 2010 to file being transferred to cairo to processing time in cairo was 5.5 months but can take up to 12 months. Your Spouse Should get medical done now if you have been approved as sponsor so that there is no delays and pay all fee's if you have not already. These can delay process by the embassy having to request them from you. Good luck. If you have anymore questions send me a message and I can try to help you out the best possible. Ive spent so much tme on our application and researching info on immigration. take care best of luck.

Z

zoom129

egyptlover2010 said:
Welll I will tell you I was approved Jan 26th for sponsor for my husband who is in Cairo. They letter I received said thta CIC in Mississauga has sent application to Cairo jan 26th. Well after that we heard nothing until April 6th where it stated application is in proccess. So it took roughly 2.5 months before any update on our file where it just said processing and could take 6 months average for processing. Then Jul 13th my husband received a call from embassy requesting his passport to be sent for the visa..Just like that you dont hear nothing until they need someting from you or you have been approved for visa. We were lucky and i guess supplied enough proof of our relationship and marriage that the interview was waived but myself and my family (parents and siblings and nephews) all went to egypt and met his family which helped with our proof that we all stayed with his family for 2 weeks and I mysel with my daughter had gone there 3 times in 10 months.. My husband will now be finally coming to canada august sometime. I know its very stressful and the time feels like forever just be patient and dont call them asking for information as I heard it just pisses them off and they can deliberately delay your case. Wait for any letter or calls or emails from embassy in Cairo and check Ecase daily or every few days for updates (although Ecase has still not updated the PR approval for Visa. But in my case from start when I applied for sponsorship Jan 8th, 2010 to file being transferred to cairo to processing time in cairo was 5.5 months but can take up to 12 months. Your Spouse Should get medical done now if you have been approved as sponsor so that there is no delays and pay all fee's if you have not already. These can delay process by the embassy having to request them from you. Good luck. If you have anymore questions send me a message and I can try to help you out the best possible. Ive spent so much tme on our application and researching info on immigration. take care best of luck.
Hi egyptlover

so did u writ any letter or attached any writing paper explaining your relationship along with ur application?