+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application reopened after being reject

almeandb

Apr 24, 2021
Hello all,

I have submitted all my paperwork on Dec 24th 2020 for the EE skilled worker.

In Feb 2021 I got a letter from IRCC rejecting my application because my Canadian degree was not attached to my application.

I raised a webform and resubmitted my degree again and luckily my case got reopened on April 9th 2021.

I was about to start everything over again that week (pissed off obviously)

I received a letter on April 9th 2021 saying that my application was reopened but so far, after 2 weeks, I haven't heard any news yet.

Is anybody here experiencing the same problem?

I was wondering for the ones who faced the same problem and got the case reopened....how long it took on average to receive an update and get the pr ?

This has been a painful and long journey

Thanks in advance

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
the best would be to request the notes to see exactly in what state it is.

alternatively, call idcc and ask specifically if its open closed or what

almeandb

Apr 24, 2021
Yeah it's open. I had to pay the fees again. I called them and they said that they have received all the required documents and that the background check has not been started yet.
Sucks

almeandb

Apr 24, 2021
Yes will do that. What I would like to know is from people that have experienced the same situation recently....how long on average the have received updates just to give me an idea.
Thanks for your message

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Well, Im from October and still waiting...and there are 0 updates on my profile. Only that the medicals are passed. I expect to get only one update: copr email around end of June lol

If your application has been reopened I would reset the clock. meaning your new aor is April.

almeandb

Apr 24, 2021
Thanks for your comments. So your case was reopened in October ? It's crazy.
I have a friend who submitted his application from scratch in November and got his pr this week.
It's hard to understand how they follow the sequence there
Good luck for us!

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
no no, mine was never closed. I was trying to say that even mine is an easy smooth uncomplicated one, I haven't heard ANYTHING in 7 months. I only know is doing ok (Eligibility recommend passed) by the notes. So I imagine if yours had a bit of trouble, it might take even more time. I would imagine they retake again everything...

There is no method behind how they process. Pretty much is luck into what desk your applications lands. There is people that get PR in 50 days....others in 2 years.... Its a black box, and I agree that it annoys me to see people getting PR after I applied. There is no logic or common sense behind. But I would be surprised IRCC has any common sense.

Said that, and following what I said, I would not be surprised you get PR next week while I keep waiting lol

almeandb

Apr 24, 2021
Yes finally, however, I have submitted a new EE profile under the CEC category. Got my pr within 2 months after submitting.
My previous application is still in process.
I have asked IRCC to withdraw that 2 months ago but no response yet