+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application rejected. Need urgent help with some questions please.

ak120289

Nov 3, 2018
Hi, I really need your expertise here. I applied through CEC in November for PR and the application got rejected. The reason stated was that I hadn't provided the proper experience letter for one firm I worked at, and because of which they couldn't figure out whether I qualified for CEC.
The reason is fair enough, and I accept it was my bad. Now, time to move on and apply for the second time. My PGWP expires in July and I need to get done with PR asap I suppose. I have following questions regarding my second application. Would really appreciate if you guys could help me with my queries

1. I got rejection this week, and I called an immigration consultant. They said they would first order GCMS notes. My question should I use that option as it will take 30 days and I want to get my next decision at least 2 months before my PGWP ends so I can figure out my next step with some decent time in hand.
Is it possible to order GCMS notes for the 1st application while in a parallel start applying for 2nd application?

2. Since my refusal letter mentions that I didn't make the letter properly, could you guys please share with me any examples of those letters. I have worked as an operations analyst at a telecom firm. Do I need to get a letter from my immediate superior or just letter from HR will do?

3. Would I have to get medical done again?

rob-immigrationstory

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
Sorry to hear that. I had similar issue, but you definitely have time though to not miss a beat work wise. Have you applied for your BGWP yet?

Also, start creating your new EE and filling out the information and get your ITA again asap.

For your questions...

1) Absolutely, they're independent of each other.

2) There's forum posts and what not on this forum and other websites. Couple google searches should help in terms of format. Make sure your NOC, its responsibilities and your employment letter reflect that.

3) No idea as you didn't say when you got your medical complete. It should be valid for a year, but you may have to go get biometrics done depending on your nationality, etc.

Good luck, but you have a lot of time which is good.

ak120289

Nov 3, 2018
Thanks for answering my query . At what stage should I apply for bridging work permit . I am not working atm but have 1.5 years of experience in Canada . My PGWP expires in July .
I have already applied again and waiting for invitation.
I got my medical done in October 2018, however my first application’s number is written on the medical certificate . That’s why I was curious would I have to apply again for medical test ?

Sorry to hear that. I had similar issue, but you definitely have time though to not miss a beat work wise. Have you applied for your BGWP yet?

Also, start creating your new EE and filling out the information and get your ITA again asap.

For your questions...

1) Absolutely, they're independent of each other.

2) There's forum posts and what not on this forum and other websites. Couple google searches should help in terms of format. Make sure your NOC, its responsibilities and your employment letter reflect that.

3) No idea as you didn't say when you got your medical complete. It should be valid for a year, but you may have to go get biometrics done depending on your nationality, etc.

Good luck, but you have a lot of time which is good.

rob-immigrationstory

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
Let someone else respond regarding your medical test. As for applying for you BWOP , make sure all your documents, etc. is ironclad now and apply sometime after your new AOR.

Sooner the better, BWOP taking 60-80 days so sooner the better. Still create your EE profile again, make sure the information is correct and get your documents in order. That still gives you 2 to 4 weeks to get an ITA assuming you clear the CRS requirements by a bit.

ak120289

Nov 3, 2018
My score was 510 . Regarding BWOP , I am not working at the moment , will it affect my Chances to get a Bridging work permit ?

rob-immigrationstory

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
My score was 510 . Regarding BWOP , I am not working at the moment , will it affect my Chances to get a Bridging work permit ?
It's an open work permit, so I do not believe. Focus on the EE profile now and making sure your documents are good to go. You have time for your BWOP once you feel that your documents are ironclad.

ak120289

Nov 3, 2018
Sweet ! Thanks a lot . I guess order needs to be apply for gcms notes , apply for EE ASAP and by April 1st week apply for BWOP.

Now if someone can help me with the fact if I need to give a second medical , I can save 300 odd bucks and time which I would really appreciate. Thanks

yolower

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Hi, I really need your expertise here. I applied through CEC in November for PR and the application got rejected. The reason stated was that I hadn't provided the proper experience letter for one firm I worked at, and because of which they couldn't figure out whether I qualified for CEC.
The reason is fair enough, and I accept it was my bad. Now, time to move on and apply for the second time. My PGWP expires in July and I need to get done with PR asap I suppose. I have following questions regarding my second application. Would really appreciate if you guys could help me with my queries

1. I got rejection this week, and I called an immigration consultant. They said they would first order GCMS notes. My question should I use that option as it will take 30 days and I want to get my next decision at least 2 months before my PGWP ends so I can figure out my next step with some decent time in hand.
Is it possible to order GCMS notes for the 1st application while in a parallel start applying for 2nd application?

2. Since my refusal letter mentions that I didn't make the letter properly, could you guys please share with me any examples of those letters. I have worked as an operations analyst at a telecom firm. Do I need to get a letter from my immediate superior or just letter from HR will do?

When was your AOR? and what did your last application status look like?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes

See the section, Proof of Work Experience.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Letter from immediate supervisor is preferred, but HR is OK too. Most common mistake is to not include the job duties and responsibilities, but missing any of the required details could lead to the experience being excluded.

It is valid for one year. Depends on when you had the first one done.

Pavan567

Jan 31, 2019
Can you please let me know at wat stage your pr rejected before medicals passed or after ?if after them how many days after passing medical

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

Your medicals are valid for 1 calendar year and they should be valid when you submit your profile.

If terms of the letter, refer to this webpage where CIC explains very well all requirements for all supporting documentation:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s03

Best!