12-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-06-2014
Hi All,

I just found out that my father applied for PR for whole family in 2001 but didn't proceed further. So I guess it got rejected because we didn't move in to Canada. I'm the only one who came to Canada after.

I'm just wondering if this needs to be included in my CEC application..There is a form where we are supposed to write any rejection I have had on past PR applications.

The confusion is the application was done by my father and I was included in as a dependent. And, since we just stopped proceeding it for some reason, we don't know whether it got rejected or not, if rejected, what the reason was..

If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

Thank you,

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
First thought that came to mind was that your father is the PA and it would be noted under his UCI/App #...therefore would assume not noted on yours. I'd suggest requesting GCMS notes for any files (physical and electronic) they have on you and your father (with written permission). That way you will have details about your cases.

Until you have more details, I'm not sure what else to say. The term rejected/refused is very specific...so you need to find out if your father just let it lapse or was he indeed refused.

Lastly, I dont think that this will have any negative impact on your app. You were not the PA! So, if you noted it...they would probably just check to make sure nothing incriminating was discovered during the previous application. I'd say dont worry too much. Request info through ATIP and go from there. Just my two cents...

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/faq.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do - FAQs for some info

Browse the forum, there is a lot of useful information. Good luck!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
CEC2013 said:
First thought that came to mind was that your father is the PA and it would be noted under his UCI/App #...therefore would assume not noted on yours. I'd suggest requesting GCMS notes for any files (physical and electronic) they have on you and your father (with written permission). That way you will have details about your cases.

Until you have more details, I'm not sure what else to say. The term rejected/refused is very specific...so you need to find out if your father just let it lapse or was he indeed refused.

Lastly, I dont think that this will have any negative impact on your app. You were not the PA! So, if you noted it...they would probably just check to make sure nothing incriminating was discovered during the previous application. I'd say dont worry too much. Request info through ATIP and go from there. Just my two cents...

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/faq.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do - FAQs for some info

Browse the forum, there is a lot of useful information. Good luck!
Second that. Get details from that application. However, in case the application got rejected/refused, it was not your
application so I don't think it will affect your current application in any way at all.

s20lee

Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-06-2014
Thank you guys for the answers.

I tried to go to the links, but I need to have the file number of the case which I don't have..So, I couldn't get anything from the sites..

I have no information about the previous PR application other than the date it was filed.

I called CIC to check the status of the application by providing them my client ID, but the officer just told me that he doesn't have the access to the case, so he cannot check whether it got rejected. Only thing he could provide was just the date it was filed..

I'm not sure if I have to check "Yes" on "Have you been refused an immigrant or permanent resident visa to Canada?" question in [Schedule A Background/Declaration] form and provide them lack of details on the case..

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
If you have time, you could try to dig back on the application filed by your father to see what happened to it, this will simplify your application process.

However, since you were not the PA at that time, I personally feel, you shouldnt worry too much.

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
s20lee said:
Hi All,

I just found out that my father applied for PR for whole family in 2001 but didn't proceed further. So I guess it got rejected because we didn't move in to Canada. I'm the only one who came to Canada after.

I'm just wondering if this needs to be included in my CEC application..There is a form where we are supposed to write any rejection I have had on past PR applications.

The confusion is the application was done by my father and I was included in as a dependent. And, since we just stopped proceeding it for some reason, we don't know whether it got rejected or not, if rejected, what the reason was..

If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

Thank you,
The form asks if you were denied VISA not immigration. Many applicants here get their PR application refused due to being ineligible for PR (do not qualify). This is different from having a visa rejected because the reason for that is usually due to inadmissibility (persona non grata for example). So you do not need to declare it and even if your father wants to apply, he does not need to put it either.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
noc4012 said:
The form asks if you were denied VISA not immigration. Many applicants here get their PR application refused due to being ineligible for PR (do not qualify). This is different from having a visa rejected because the reason for that is usually due to inadmissibility (persona non grata for example). So you do not need to declare it and even if your father wants to apply, he does not need to put it either.
Not true, all visas are visa whether immigration or not. u have to declare any kind of rejection. At the end of ur pr process, u will be given an immigrant visa once ur approved for immigration so it makes no difference. Other experienced members can comment on this :-X..

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi noc4012,

sorry to say but your inputs are incorrect.a visa could be for anything(worker-student-visitor-immigrant)so the permanent residence applicants are issued visa unless they come from a visa exempt country.
if anyone's application was refused for canada either temporary or permanent then you should answer YES to that question,answering NO will be considered as a misrepresention and will lead to a ban of at least 2 years from entering canada.
as for the original question posted on this forum by the topic creator,i would say you do not have to worry about it because its asking about your background the (principal aplicant) and not your father.

good luck :)

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
canadavisa13 said:
hi noc4012,

sorry to say but your inputs are incorrect.a visa could be for anything(worker-student-visitor-immigrant)so the permanent residence applicants are issued visa unless they come from a visa exempt country.
if anyone's application was refused for canada either temporary or permanent then you should answer YES to that question,answering NO will be considered as a misrepresention and will lead to a ban of at least 2 years from entering canada.
as for the original question posted on this forum by the topic creator,i would say you do not have to worry about it because its asking about your background the (principal aplicant) and not your father.

good luck :)
agree +++

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
When you apply for immigration, there are two parts: PR based on eligibility and visa based on inadmissibility. If an applicant is denied because of shorter working hours, that's not inadmissibility. If the the visa, on the other hand, is denied because the applicant was convicted of a crime or was found to make false statements, that is different and needs to be reported.

I asked a lawyer who confirmed this.

On Schedule A, first page, question 6e is as follows: have you been refused ADMISSION?

If you are in Canada, and apply for PR but get refused because you do not qualify you can still stay in Canada. You don't get deported. Likewise if you are outside and apply for PR but get refused on points, you are not denied ADMISSION. Being refused admission means Canada will not allow you to come to Canada as a visitor or study or worker or immigrant.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
noc4012 said:
When you apply for immigration, there are two parts: PR based on eligibility and visa based on inadmissibility. If an applicant is denied because of shorter working hours, that's not inadmissibility. If the the visa, on the other hand, is denied because the applicant was convicted of a crime or was found to make false statements, that is different and needs to be reported.

I asked a lawyer who confirmed this.

On Schedule A, first page, question 6e is as follows: have you been refused ADMISSION?

If you are in Canada, and apply for PR but get refused because you do not qualify you can still stay in Canada. You don't get deported. Likewise if you are outside and apply for PR but get refused on points, you are not denied ADMISSION. Being refused admission means Canada will not allow you to come to Canada as a visitor or study or worker or immigrant.
if I were in ur shoe, I wont risk misrepresentation. I will simply check yes and provide a written explanation. it wont hurt. u don't have to believe everything that ur lawyer tells u. :-X. your lawyer wont be there for u when CIC accuses u of misrepresentation, rather s/he will ask u to file for appeal and demand for extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and wont care whether ur successful or not :-X

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
ujbaby said:
if I were in ur shoe, I wont risk misrepresentation. I will simply check yes and provide a written explanation. it wont hurt. u don't have to believe everything that ur lawyer tells u. :-X. your lawyer wont be there for u when CIC accuses u of misrepresentation, rather s/he will ask u to file for appeal and demand for extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and wont care whether ur successful or not :-X
I stand behind all those in favor of DECLARING. Why risk being put in the category of misrepresentation, when its as simple as explaning the circumstance. It will have little, if any, bearing on your application.

Time is being wasted debating whether it is a visa or its not a visa. We cant know how the VO will interpret your intentions. S/he may think that you delibarately concealed the fact that your father was refused or whatnot. Just attach an explanation and be done with it.

Cheers

prettykite

Jan 26, 2014
Hi may i ask if for example i have a denied visitor visa australia twelve years ago do i need to declare it in background declaration question 6.d eventhough it surpass ten yrs validity and also is uci num of principal applicant same as dependent do we need to wrote same uci number or we need to ask it from cic applicatiin returned and we will again submit using same uci and lastly is what kind ofnational identification document di we need to fill in is passport or driver license valid for national id