+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application rejected because I didn't submit my Biometrics in time

ffglt

Aug 4, 2021
I just received a rejection letter saying that:

A letter was sent to you on March 20, 2023 giving you until April 19, 2023 to produce the following evidence and documents to enable us to continue the processing of your application:
- Biometrics

This letter indicated that this evidence and these documents were required in order to complete the assessment of your application and determine that you are not inadmissible.

I have reached out to IRCC multiple times even before March 20, 2023, asking why my application was taking so long to process and trying to find answers. I had to move multiple times so I must have missed the letter they sent. When I checked my IRCC account online, my application never said "you need to submit your biometrics", it always stated that "we will contact you when you need to submit your biometrics". I also never received any emails asking to submit my biometrics.

I know I messed up on my part, and should have had a more stable mailing address but is there any way to appeal this? or will I have to re-apply and start from the beginning?

I also tried calling IRCC but it's impossible to get a hold of anyone.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear this.

Do you fit this criteria:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/what.html

Who must provide biometrics

The following people between the ages of 14 and 79 must provide their biometrics:

• temporary residence applicants who are applying for:
    • a temporary resident visa (TRV)
    • an extension of authorization to remain in Canada as a temporary resident
    • a temporary resident permit (TRP)
    • a restoration of temporary resident status
    • a work permit or renewal of a work permit
    • a study permit or renewal of a study permit
  • permanent residence applicants who are applying for:
    • a permanent resident visa
    • a request to remain in Canada as a permanent resident
    • a new permanent resident card for the first time in cases where they were exempt from biometrics enrolment because they were under the age of 14 years at the time of their application
And, more info here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/visiting-canada-biometrics.html

In-Canada Applications

In-person applications are available at specified Service Canada locations across Canada.

Foreign nationals between ages 14 and 79 must submit biometrics if they are applying within Canada as a:

• foreign worker (including work permit extension)
  • international student (including study permit extension)
  • visa-required visitor (including extending stay)
  • permanent resident.
Exemptions

Applicants in the following categories are not required to give biometrics to travel:

• Canadian citizens, citizenship applicants (including passport applicants), or existing permanent residents;
  • visa-exempt nationals coming to Canada as tourists who hold a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA);
  • children under the age of 14;
  • applicants over the age of 79 (there is no upper age exemption for asylum claimants);
  • heads of state and heads of government;
  • cabinet ministers and accredited diplomats of other countries and the United Nations, coming to Canada on official business;
  • U.S. visa holders transiting through Canada;
  • refugee claimants or protected persons who have already provided biometrics and are applying for a study or work permit;
  • temporary resident applicants who have already provided biometrics in support of a permanent resident application that is still in progress.

Did you not have it setup to receive communication from IRCC via email, rather than by snail mail?

At this stage you could try to submit a web form, or continue calling, but if the expiry date that IRCC gave you is almost 2 months ago now, you may not be able to do much.

To further complicate things, it is the word `inadmissible' that is of some concern, because if IRCC has in fact deemed you to now be inadmissible because they did not receive your biometrics, you may have issues with CBSA, which I certainly hope is NOT the case.

Good luck!

miku39150

Jan 15, 2024
I'm sorry to hear that. And I am also worried about my application as I am in the same kind of situation. I paid the fee before the due date, but I forgot to send them the receipt of it. I would like to know if you paid the fee and your application was for PR?