+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application refused due to incomplete documents

Kristine Chaw

Oct 10, 2019
HI guys, really need urgent help.
my PR application is refused because the common law union form is not notarized.
Is there any way I can ask the officer for reconsideration? I can get the form notarized and upload it via webform immediately. but the application is already cancelled.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my PR application is refused because the common law union form is not notarized.
Is there any way I can ask the officer for reconsideration? I can get the form notarized and upload it via webform immediately. but the application is already cancelled.
Send a case specific inquiry and submit the notarized form at the same time.

Ask for your application to be reopened. Hard to say if IRCC will consider your request or not since the error was yours. Generally they do not reopen the application if it was incomplete. But you can certainly try. You may get lucky.

What is your score?

Kristine Chaw

Oct 10, 2019
Send a case specific inquiry and submit the notarized form at the same time.

Ask for your application to be reopened. Hard to say if IRCC will consider your request or not since the error was yours. Generally they do not reopen the application if it was incomplete. But you can certainly try. You may get lucky.

What is your score?
my score is 431, we get ITA in massive draw of feb 13. otherwise no hope for us cuz the score is too low

tully

Oct 5, 2020
I experienced the same situation where I had missed my husband's Australia driving record, they cancelled my application(last December 2020). Afterwards I raised the web form with the document but did'nt work though. I'm a PNP applicant then I had to apply for a PNP extension as well. After all I received an invitation again on 10th February 2021 and I will be submitting my application in next week. It's so stressful and time consuming. They took almost one month to response to my web form( will check) and make the decision took about three months( no reopen decision).

This is my story, You decide my friend, whether wait for the decision or get in to the express entry pool right away(new invitation).

Kristine Chaw

Oct 10, 2019
I experienced the same situation where I had missed my husband's Australia driving record, they cancelled my application(last December 2020). Afterwards I raised the web form with the document but did'nt work though. I'm a PNP applicant then I had to apply for a PNP extension as well. After all I received an invitation again on 10th February 2021 and I will be submitting my application in next week. It's so stressful and time consuming. They took almost one month to response to my web form( will check) and make the decision took about three months( no reopen decision).

This is my story, You decide my friend, whether wait for the decision or get in to the express entry pool right away(new invitation).
didnt you get help from lawyer for appeal process?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
In instances where the error lies with the applicant (incompleteness), IRCC almost always will not reconsider the application. Unfortunately.
Best to fix the error and try again.

Kristine Chaw

Oct 10, 2019
Yes I did check, they confirmed that IRCC wont consider reopening because this was our mistake(incompleteness) so now I hired a immigration lawyer to handle my application.
btw, why do u even need Australia driving record for ur PR applicaiton?