+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application Question - "Remain in a country beyond the validity of stay"

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for Canada Permanent Residency (for myself and my spouse), under CEC category in May 2018. And i don't remember reading any question about "Whether you remained in a country, beyond validity of your status" for myself or my spouse, when applying online.

The above query is in regards to my spouse (she is in INDIA now)
My spouse previously traveled as a visitor to Canada; her visit visa was valid from June-17 to May-18. She arrived in Canada on 17-June-2017 (the immigration officer did not write any date, so she was allowed to stay for 6 months) and left Canada on 20-Feb-2018.
By mistake she over stayed by 2 months and 3 days above the 6 months (maximum) authorized stay for a
visitor
in Canada (i.e. in total 8 months and 3 days consecutively). I came to know about this only recently. My spouse eventually left before 90 days period, after the max 6 months authorized stay period (without applying for restoration of status).
We weren't aware of the 6 months clause for visitor stay in Canada, since my employer handled all the visitor VISA processing for my spouse earlier during 2017.

Can someone please help, if there is any query that is related to "Unauthorized stay or extended stay without valid status" in the IRCC - Express Entry or PR online applications. If there is any, i will raise a CSE to provide more information regarding my PR application.

Thanks in advance.

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Requesting help from the forum members, to guide/ advise me with the above question. Thanks in advance