+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application process almost complete - but one issue with passport (details inside)

frostedveins

Apr 18, 2016
Hi there,

Today I received an email saying that my PR application is nearly complete and that I basically just need to send them copies of my passport along with a few other simple things like a self addressed stamped envelope.

The part I am hung up on is this:

" If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child."

My passport expires January 28, 2018. I only have 30 days to respond to this which isn't enough time to get my passport renewed/expedited. I don't know what to do.

My passport is from the US.
Thank you for your help.

frostedveins

Apr 18, 2016
I have the same issue please let me know if you find out how to solve this
In the initial email it says something like

"If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: (email redacted for this forum post) with details concerning your situation."

So I emailed them and explained the situation. They noted the issue, extended the deadline and then they told me to renew me passport ASAP, scan in the new passport and email that to them, and then complete the rest of the instructions in the initial e-mail.

I'd advise you to email the address mentioned in the first email indicating that your application processing is almost complete :)

Good luck!

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Hi there,

Today I received an email saying that my PR application is nearly complete and that I basically just need to send them copies of my passport along with a few other simple things like a self addressed stamped envelope.

The part I am hung up on is this:

" If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child."

My passport expires January 28, 2018. I only have 30 days to respond to this which isn't enough time to get my passport renewed/expedited. I don't know what to do.

My passport is from the US.
Thank you for your help.
"PR application is nearly complete and that I basically just need to send them copies of my passport " - just to better understand the process. What does it mean "is nearly complete" time wise? How long would it take to actually get PR visa in passport?

Your passport is from US and you just need extra time for renew here in US. In our case the passport owner is in US, but country of citizenship is overseas, so renewal is no so simple and will require travel over the pond and stay there until PR application is done. The question is for how long?

Also " If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada," and you are saying that your passport is from US. As I understand US citizens do not need a visa to travel to Canada.... Am I missing something?

Last edited:

0422Liv

Oct 28, 2017
Hello there ..
I recieved an emails from CIC saying that my application for permanent resident is complete and told me to wait for CIC Calgary for my scheduled landing interview.Wondering how long do I have to wait and will they send it tru mail or email? It’s been 8 weeks since I recieved the email..