+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application - Police clearance certificate

sar8822

Jun 1, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding police clearance certificate. IRCC required that one submit a police clearance certificate for any place you have lived for more than 6 months since 18 years of age. My question is I last left my home country in 2011, I got a police clearance certificate two years ago and has expired. I have not visited the country since I left in 2011. Do I have to get another police clearance certificate again?

DEEMAH

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
waiting
NOC Code......
6322 EOI FILED : 07/03/2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
waiting
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Dreaming
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding police clearance certificate. IRCC required that one submit a police clearance certificate for any place you have lived for more than 6 months since 18 years of age. My question is I last left my home country in 2011, I got a police clearance certificate two years ago and has expired. I have not visited the country since I left in 2011. Do I have to get another police clearance certificate again?
Yes ,you need to get a new PCC from you country of origin, ( home country) because it is only valid for 6 months.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

No. If you haven't been back there or lived there for 6 months since the issuance of the PCC, you don't need to get a new one. The one you have remains valid for PR application until you go back there and live for an extended period. Note that the VO might still decide to request a new one from you, in which case an ADR will be sent:

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

sar8822

Jun 1, 2021
No. If you haven't been back there or lived there for 6 months since the issuance of the PCC, you don't need to get a new one. The one you have remains valid for PR application until you go back there and live for an extended period. Note that the VO might still decide to request a new one from you, in which case an ADR will be sent:

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
Thank you, that is the same information that I came across. Thanks

Tasi2021

Aug 29, 2021
Hello everyone!
I recently received an ADR request which was as such, Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate updated since October, 2020. This must be received at this office by: 2022/04/03. I got my ITA on Nov 2020 and AOR on Dec 2020 and I submitted all the necessary PCC from the only 2 countries I have lived for more than 6 months which is my home country and current country of residence.
I haven't traveled to my home country since even before I submitted my application. I am unable to understand this line as no country has been specifically mentioned and I know that usually the required country is specifically mentioned. Could you please help me to understand where is the PCC actually required from?
Does it mean that incase I have lived in any country for more than 6 months during this period from submitting my application until now, i should give PCC for that country? Do I have to submit even for my home country where I haven't even gone for a day for the past 6 years? please help!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone!
I recently received an ADR request which was as such, Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate updated since October, 2020. This must be received at this office by: 2022/04/03. I got my ITA on Nov 2020 and AOR on Dec 2020 and I submitted all the necessary PCC from the only 2 countries I have lived for more than 6 months which is my home country and current country of residence.
I haven't traveled to my home country since even before I submitted my application. I am unable to understand this line as no country has been specifically mentioned and I know that usually the required country is specifically mentioned. Could you please help me to understand where is the PCC actually required from?
Does it mean that incase I have lived in any country for more than 6 months during this period from submitting my application until now, i should give PCC for that country? Do I have to submit even for my home country where I haven't even gone for a day for the past 6 years? please help!
My guess would be for your current country of residence. It's been more than 1 year since your application so the PCC you submitted is obsolete.

To be safe: submit a recent PCC from your current CoR, and also attach the old PCC from your PoC; add in an LOE stressing that you have not visited your CoR since whenever, therefore the old PCC remains valid as per IRCC policy.

Reactions: Tasi2021

Tasi2021

Aug 29, 2021
My guess would be for your current country of residence. It's been more than 1 year since your application so the PCC you submitted is obsolete.

To be safe: submit a recent PCC from your current CoR, and also attach the old PCC from your PoC; add in an LOE stressing that you have not visited your CoR since whenever, therefore the old PCC remains valid as per IRCC policy.
Thanks a ton!!