+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application photo problem

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hi, everyone. I’m preparing the documents for sponsorship and I almost have everything ready. But due to the lockdown, I can’t find any place open for pr photo shooting.

I have a digital photo taken like 1 year ago that meets the pr photo requirements. Can I print it out and handwrite the info by myself? If yes, should I write the address of staples store where I took the photo? But the problem is that I’m not sure how long has staples been closed due to COVID 19...Anyone has any info on this?

As I’m still in Canada as a visitor, I’d like to submit the application ASAP, that’s why I need the photos urgently.

Thank u!

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Hi, everyone. I’m preparing the documents for sponsorship and I almost have everything ready. But due to the lockdown, I can’t find any place open for pr photo shooting.

I have a digital photo taken like 1 year ago that meets the pr photo requirements. Can I print it out and handwrite the info by myself? If yes, should I write the address of staples store where I took the photo? But the problem is that I’m not sure how long has staples been closed due to COVID 19...Anyone has any info on this?

As I’m still in Canada as a visitor, I’d like to submit the application ASAP, that’s why I need the photos urgently.

Thank u!
Go to Walmart I know they do passport photos and are not in lockdown (Canada passport photos are same size as Canada pr)

Reactions: Tophele

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Odd try a different Walmart? I got pics done there litterly just a little over a week ago. Or call the ircc and ask em what to do?
Can I ask which city? Did they put stamp on ur photo? I was thinking worst case maybe I can print my digital photo in Walmart and handwrite its address and date myself. Thank u

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Can I ask which city? Did they put stamp on ur photo? I was thinking worst case maybe I can print my digital photo in Walmart and handwrite its address and date myself. Thank u
New liskeard Walmart

And they had a stamp but it was regular passport I asked em to write the info ircc needed on back of it and they did

Snowflow

Sep 8, 2020

Thank u!
Just let you know that I took a picture of my spouse with my iphone, printed it and wrote address on it. It works for my case.

Reactions: Tophele

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Just let you know that I took a picture of my spouse with my iphone, printed it and wrote address on it. It works for my case.
Thank u for sharing. Could u tell me what kind of address u put? Was it like staples or Walmart, or it was some studios? I’m asking cause it seems places like staples usually use stamps and a handwriting one might be a little strange.

Also, can u tell me the frame size of the photo? Is it 5*7cm like the digital one? I printed 5*7cm paper photo, and they look kind of big...
Thank u!

Snowflow

Sep 8, 2020
Thank u for sharing. Could u tell me what kind of address u put? Was it like staples or Walmart, or it was some studios? I’m asking cause it seems places like staples usually use stamps and a handwriting one might be a little strange.

Also, can u tell me the frame size of the photo? Is it 5*7cm like the digital one? I printed 5*7cm paper photo, and they look kind of big...
Thank u!
I would suggest handwriting the name and address of a small photography studio on it. Yes, 5*7 cm of photo size is correct.

valeriovil

Jun 30, 2021
Hi guys, I got my photo from Shoppers but when I uploaded it I got pushed back saying "incorrect photo size". The photo matches all the requirments so I don't know what is wrong. I am assuming is the way I upload it. Anyone with a similar issue?

Reactions: MuzammilShah

nacsaodan

Aug 9, 2021
I also had a problem when I needed pictures, but - under quarantine everything was closed. In general, yes, you can. I did exactly the same thing, took pictures at home, and then worked with editor. Personally, I got a believable look. The main thing depends on the photo editor you use. In general, if you try, you can do everything, but think carefully about the requirements for the photo. I can advise the image editor upscaler free. It can do a good trimming and retouching. By the by, the advice about supermarkets in my case didn`t work, the sections with photos making were closed=(