+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR APPLICATION.. NEED HELP..

leo_27_07

Mar 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Im a live in caregiver about to apply for pr. I need help in filling up the forms regarding my marital status. My husband and i were married but we're not together anymore. We're not legally separated nor divorced/anulled. Do i have to fill up the AdditionalDependants/Declaration Form? I dont want to put him in my application for PR. And do.i still have to put "married" in my marital status? I dont know what to do. I need some help. THANK YOU.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you are applying under the FSW program? You must be applying under some other program, but the generic forms are the same, so I think I can answer, but better confirm by reading the instructions provided by CIC for the forms you are filling out.

You don't need the additional dependants form because that is only if you have more than 5 dependants.

You MUST list your husband on your PR application, and provide all the requested documents. If there are documents you can't provide, you need to explain to CIC why. You can list your husband as non-accompanying, and explain to CIC why. If you are legally married you CANNOT leave your husband off the forms or claim to be single. Making a false statement on your application is a guaranteed rejection.

Good luck.

leo_27_07

Mar 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im applying under the live in caregiver program. Im still putting him in my application as my spouse but im not sponsoring him to come here in canada. We're separated for more than a year now.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leo_27_07 said:
Im applying under the live in caregiver program. Im still putting him in my application as my spouse but im not sponsoring him to come here in canada. We're separated for more than a year now.
Ok, as long as you follow the instructions you will be fine.