+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application in process - what to do after a child is born?

rafalh

Feb 16, 2020
Dear Forum Members!

I would me grateful for your help and advice.
  • AOR: 19th May 2020
  • We have deferred the x-ray assessment of my wife (dependent applicant) due to her pregnancy.
  • She have birth at the end of November 2020.
  • I have not received any communication from IRCC regarding providing the outstanding x-ray or details of my child.
  • Biometrics requested in July 2020.
  1. What action should I take regarding updating IRCC and within what time frame?
  2. Should I wait for a message from them? They were informed about the expected due date, but have not messaged me after that.
  3. My wife gave birth in a different country than where we had our original medical assessment done. Should we redo the whole medical assessment in another country or just an x-ray part?
  4. Has my application been completely on hold for the last 6 months?
I would appreciate your guidance based on experiences of other people.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rafal

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Dear Forum Members!

I would me grateful for your help and advice.
  • AOR: 19th May 2020
  • We have deferred the x-ray assessment of my wife (dependent applicant) due to her pregnancy.
  • She have birth at the end of November 2020.
  • I have not received any communication from IRCC regarding providing the outstanding x-ray or details of my child.
  • Biometrics requested in July 2020.
  1. What action should I take regarding updating IRCC and within what time frame?
  2. Should I wait for a message from them? They were informed about the expected due date, but have not messaged me after that.
  3. My wife gave birth in a different country than where we had our original medical assessment done. Should we redo the whole medical assessment in another country or just an x-ray part?
  4. Has my application been completely on hold for the last 6 months?
I would appreciate your guidance based on experiences of other people.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rafal
You need to to inform IRCC about the birth of your child.

To add your child to an existing application

You must send us a request to add your child. When we receive your request, we will tell you, by mail or email, what documents you need to submit. For example, you may need to send us:

• new forms – we’ll tell you which ones to fill out
  • proof of payment for your dependant
  • supporting documents such as proof of income, a birth certificate, a medical or police certificate
To reduce delays, please send us the information we need to process your dependent child as soon as possible.

We may refuse your application if your child is inadmissible to Canada.

You can’t add a child to your application if we finished processing your application and you have already become a permanent resident.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1362&top=14