+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application got returned

MissySmith

Apr 3, 2017
My whole PR application form got returned in end Feb'2017, I noticed I made many error and mistake hence will be submitting a fresh set of application in soon.

Question is, I have paid in full $1040 when i submit my Inland PR application in end Jan 2017 and it got returned, stating incomplete submission. I read somewhere that CIC will refund all the $1040 and I will have to pay again for this new PR application. However, I just checked my bank, there is no refund back from CIC at all. It has been over a month and I really do not want to pay once again in case it got lost somewhere.

Can i use back the same receipt that i submit the PR Application? The first time I applied INLAND but this time, I would like to change it to OUTLAND. Does paying the fee have anything to do with INLAND and OUTLAND?

Thanks in advance

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MissySmith said:
My whole PR application form got returned in end Feb'2017, I noticed I made many error and mistake hence will be submitting a fresh set of application in soon.

Question is, I have paid in full $1040 when i submit my Inland PR application in end Jan 2017 and it got returned, stating incomplete submission. I read somewhere that CIC will refund all the $1040 and I will have to pay again for this new PR application. However, I just checked my bank, there is no refund back from CIC at all. It has been over a month and I really do not want to pay once again in case it got lost somewhere.

Can i use back the same receipt that i submit the PR Application? The first time I applied INLAND but this time, I would like to change it to OUTLAND. Does paying the fee have anything to do with INLAND and OUTLAND?

Thanks in advance
Just resubmit the receipt with your new package.

Reactions: Mrs grant

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
Your fee is refunded if your application is denied/rejected, which is not the same as having it sent back to you as incomplete. If the application is sent back because it is incomplete or incorrect, they keep the fee and assume you will send back the corrected application.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
viva-c said:
Your fee is refunded if your application is denied/rejected, which is not the same as having it sent back to you as incomplete. If the application is sent back because it is incomplete or incorrect, they keep the fee and assume you will send back the corrected application.
the fees aren't actually applied until they process that specific part of the application. it's not that the they are "keeping the fee" when they return an application, it's that it hasn't been used yet, so a person can still supply the original receipt and it will be applied when the application is processing.

Reactions: qingyunlan

MissySmith

Apr 3, 2017
viva-c said:
Thank you very much, now i am much more clearer.

I will used back my previous PR receipt and submit my application again.

Another thing, my previous application, I applied INLAND but this time round, I would like to submit OUTLAND. I cannot remember whether does paying my full PR fees of $1040, does it state i applied INLAND or simply just PR fees?

MissySmith

Apr 3, 2017
CDNPR2014 said:
the fees aren't actually applied until they process that specific part of the application. it's not that the they are "keeping the fee" when they return an application, it's that it hasn't been used yet, so a person can still supply the original receipt and it will be applied when the application is processing.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I suppose the PR Fees does not matter I choose INLAND or OUTLAND, right? My previous PR application, i applied INLAND but after further thoughts, I decided to choose OUTLAND since I am an American and hoping it will process sooner beside, I plan to go back during the summer to visit my family.

Raffowl92

Nov 29, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
If there is a different fee or option for inland vs outland when you are paying online then the fee is different and you might need a new one.
If there is only 1 fee for your type of sponsorship regardless of whether it is inland or outland then it doesn't matter because it's the same.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MissySmith said:
Another thing, my previous application, I applied INLAND but this time round, I would like to submit OUTLAND. I cannot remember whether does paying my full PR fees of $1040, does it state i applied INLAND or simply just PR fees?
It doesn't matter. The PR fees are the same for inland and outland.

abbasm5

Feb 18, 2017
When your application is returned due to missing signature, do you need to submit the returned application with signature or make total new applications (even the ones that are ok). Shall you also submit a new set of papers or just leave the return paper as is?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
When your application is returned due to missing signature, do you need to submit the returned application with signature or make total new applications (even the ones that are ok). Shall you also submit a new set of papers or just leave the return paper as is?
It's up to you. Some people like to re-print, re-sign and date everything so that the signatures are more recent. You should also check the website and make sure none of the forms have been updated (on the page with the forms, it lists the month and date each form was last updated).

Vinni@8701

Feb 7, 2020

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You need to check if any forms have been updated. If they have, they need to be redone. If not, you can use the same forms.

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP

Thanks in advance
Hi, what happened after you resubmit the old fee receipt?

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi, what happened after you resubmit the old fee receipt?
Mine got returned too this week and I just resubmitted after fixing the mistakes and uploading new forms which got updated since the last submission. The receipt for the fee should always be good especially given the timeframe in your signature and it is the same fee.

Reactions: coolcham

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Mine got returned too this week and I just resubmitted after fixing the mistakes and uploading new forms which got updated since the last submission. The receipt for the fee should always be good especially given the timeframe in your signature and it is the same fee.
ok. did you repaid the fees since the first application returned or used the old payment receipt ?
Well, in my case, I repaid all the processing fees + dependance fees and attached the new receipt along with the old receipt So , i will get the refund for extra