+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application got rejected only in 2 days after submission

kilbil

Mar 10, 2019
Hi,

Can anyone help me on this situation?

I am working in Montreal Temporarily on closed work permit and applied for CSQ (documents already submitted physically on 06-Feb-2020) and didn’t heard anything from them. It’s been almost 4 months now and moreover my employer has recently applied for work permit extension.

Simultaneously, I was working on my PR through express entry from past 3 months because I want to move outside Quebec because of my temporary job which can get closed any time

On 2-May-2020, my employer applied for work permit extension and waiting for biometrics to be done

On 28-May-2020, I have Submitted my PR Online with all the documents and paid my fees

On 30-May-2020, I received a rejection notice just after 2 days of my PR submission with below reason and my fees is returned

Your application is rejected for being Incomplete and does not include the following elements

Intended Province of Destination

You have indicated your intended province of destination as Quebec. To be eligible for FSWP you must intend to reside outside Quebec

I don’t know what exactly happened. Can anyone help me on this?

Is there any cooling period to reapply the PR because I want to move outside Quebec because of my temporary job which can get closed any time and find a new job or any suggestions what should I do next

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
You selected Quebec as you intended province of destination which is the reason for rejection. Unfortunately you will have to reapply according to me and make sure you select the province you want to move in not quebec.

Reactions: scylla

kilbil

Mar 10, 2019
You selected Quebec as you intended province of destination which is the reason for rejection. Unfortunately you will have to reapply according to me and make sure you select the province you want to move in not quebec.
Hi

thanks for your reply but I haven’t selected Quebec as my intended destination because we don’t have this option itself in express entry profile

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hi

thanks for your reply but I haven’t selected Quebec as my intended destination because we don’t have this option itself in express entry profile
I was wondering that too as I didn’t remember seeing Quebec selection option. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can help...

Reactions: jester10

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Hi,

Can anyone help me on this situation?

I am working in Montreal Temporarily on closed work permit and applied for CSQ (documents already submitted physically on 06-Feb-2020) and didn’t heard anything from them. It’s been almost 4 months now and moreover my employer has recently applied for work permit extension.

Simultaneously, I was working on my PR through express entry from past 3 months because I want to move outside Quebec because of my temporary job which can get closed any time

On 2-May-2020, my employer applied for work permit extension and waiting for biometrics to be done

On 28-May-2020, I have Submitted my PR Online with all the documents and paid my fees

On 30-May-2020, I received a rejection notice just after 2 days of my PR submission with below reason and my fees is returned

Your application is rejected for being Incomplete and does not include the following elements

Intended Province of Destination

You have indicated your intended province of destination as Quebec. To be eligible for FSWP you must intend to reside outside Quebec

I don’t know what exactly happened. Can anyone help me on this?

Is there any cooling period to reapply the PR because I want to move outside Quebec because of my temporary job which can get closed any time and find a new job or any suggestions what should I do next
You have indeed made a mistake by applying for express entry while living in Quebec. Two months back , I also used to think that Quebec people can apply for express entry but then my best friend who resides in Quebec told me a very strange thing. Actually, his girl friend living with him in Quebec also wanted to apply for express entry by selecting Ontario as destination province but some consultant warned them not to do that telling them that there case could be rejected. Initially, when my friend told me this thing, I laughed at him but then I went through lot of searches and to my surprise, that consultant was right. Mostly , people applying express entry living in Quebec gets rejected. The reason is that Quebec is not part of express entry system . So, government doesnt want to gift PR to those people who want to live in Quebec even after getting PR. In your case, you have your present address in Quebec, a job in Quebec and more over, your employer in Quebec has applied for work permit extension. Any assessing officer will think that you will keep on continue living in Quebec, thats why your case was rejected. Now, mostly people who want to apply PR after living in Quebec , they do following things:
1. They move to some other province where they want to settle ultimatey , live there for 6 months and applies PR with that address.
2. People get a job offer from destination province.
3. People show strong ties with destination province like spouse or sibling living over there.
By these methods, people convince visa officer that they will be living in province other than Quebec.

Coming back to your case, since your first file is rejected, it will be even more difficult to convince visa officer. Your best bet would be moving to some other province first, living there for some 6 months or so and then applying under express entry.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You have indeed made a mistake by applying for express entry while living in Quebec. Two months back , I also used to think that Quebec people can apply for express entry but then my best friend who resides in Quebec told me a very strange thing. Actually, his girl friend living with him in Quebec also wanted to apply for express entry by selecting Ontario as destination province but some consultant warned them not to do that telling them that there case could be rejected. Initially, when my friend told me this thing, I laughed at him but then I went through lot of searches and to my surprise, that consultant was right. Mostly , people applying express entry living in Quebec gets rejected. The reason is that Quebec is not part of express entry system . So, government doesnt want to gift PR to those people who want to live in Quebec even after getting PR. In your case, you have your present address in Quebec, a job in Quebec and more over, your employer in Quebec has applied for work permit extension. Any assessing officer will think that you will keep on continue living in Quebec, thats why your case was rejected. Now, mostly people who want to apply PR after living in Quebec , they do following things:
1. They move to some other province where they want to settle ultimatey , live there for 6 months and applies PR with that address.
2. People get a job offer from destination province.
3. People show strong ties with destination province like spouse or sibling living over there.
By these methods, people convince visa officer that they will be living in province other than Quebec.

Coming back to your case, since your first file is rejected, it will be even more difficult to convince visa officer. Your best bet would be moving to some other province first, living there for some 6 months or so and then applying under express entry.
It was immediately rejected which tells me that an algorithm looks for Quebec residents and bounces them. Simple as that.

Reactions: hamgha

kilbil

Mar 10, 2019
thanks for your suggestion

I planning to go back India as my contract is getting closed in Quebec.
Can I apply for express entry once I am back in India ? with all Indian address

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I planning to go back India as my contract is getting closed in Quebec.
Can I apply for express entry once I am back in India ? with all Indian address
[/QUOTE]
Hi there, yes you can but you still have to prove that you do not intend to go back and live in Quebec, as others suggested you will have to prove your case by either ties to another province , job offer outside Quebec, a lease , or anything that can back that you do not intend to live in Quebec.
Many people experienced the same issue and got accepted at the end so stay postive.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
hi there, yes you can but you still have to prove that you do not intend to go back and live in Quebec, as others suggested you will have to prove your case by either ties to another province , job offer outside Quebec, a lease , or anything that can back that you do not intend to live in Quebec.
Many people experienced the same issue and got accepted at the end so stay postive.
I am not an expert in these matters but common sense dictates if he cancels or expires his work permit and moves back to his home country then he doesn't need to prove intend to live outside Quebec since he's not living there anymore.

kilbil

Mar 10, 2019
I am not an expert in these matters but common sense dictates if he cancels or expires his work permit and moves back to his home country then he doesn't need to prove intend to live outside Quebec since he's not living there anymore.
Thank you