+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application got canceled for this reason: Dependents not included in application

Andrew B

Nov 3, 2021
Hello Everyone

I AM TRULY FRUSTRATED OF MY CURRENT SITUATION.. PLEASE HELP !:oops:

I applied through my wife being principal applicant, CEC, and have two kids under 18 (9 years old and 5 years old) who are living in another country with my ex-wife and are not accompanying). I JUST got an email from IRCC refusing my application for the reason stated below. I have two kids who are living with my ex-spouse and they are not accompanying me to Canada. I do not have any kids with my new spouse. The kids are mentioned in my profile including their birth date and address BUT i was not asked for any supporting documents for them.

My PR Application was cancelled due to incompleteness and the message that i got from IRCC is below:

Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not put into processing.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:

"Dependent(s) not included on application o Eligible dependent child/ren, [name of child] born [date of birth] was/were not included in your application for permanent residence. An application for permanent residence must include all eligible family members of the applicant, whether accompanying or not. Please see definition of eligible family member below.

- dependent child, in respect of a parent, means a child who
(a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namel
(i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent,
(ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and

(b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namel
(i) is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner,
(ii) is 22 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before attaining the age of 22 years and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition."

They never asked to add supporting documents for the NON ACCOMPANYING KIDS and it was not mentioned on the checklist? How would i have known anyways that i need to upload documents for them? What are the documents required for them? Do they need police certificate if they are under 18 years old?

****Now im worried if there are any other hidden documents that they will only ask once they start checking the application (Which are not mentioned in the portal while uploading the supporting documents)...!!!

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
They just want all the details to be included in the application. For example if you have worked for a company and you are not claiming any points for the work experience they don’t ask for the documentation for the job but it should be included in your personal history

baltixz

Jul 25, 2010
Hello Everyone

I AM TRULY FRUSTRATED OF MY CURRENT SITUATION.. PLEASE HELP !:oops:

I applied through my wife being principal applicant, CEC, and have two kids under 18 (9 years old and 5 years old) who are living in another country with my ex-wife and are not accompanying). I JUST got an email from IRCC refusing my application for the reason stated below. I have two kids who are living with my ex-spouse and they are not accompanying me to Canada. I do not have any kids with my new spouse. The kids are mentioned in my profile including their birth date and address BUT i was not asked for any supporting documents for them.

My PR Application was cancelled due to incompleteness and the message that i got from IRCC is below:

Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not put into processing.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:

"Dependent(s) not included on application o Eligible dependent child/ren, [name of child] born [date of birth] was/were not included in your application for permanent residence. An application for permanent residence must include all eligible family members of the applicant, whether accompanying or not. Please see definition of eligible family member below.

- dependent child, in respect of a parent, means a child who
(a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namel
(i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent,
(ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and

(b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namel
(i) is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner,
(ii) is 22 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before attaining the age of 22 years and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition."

They never asked to add supporting documents for the NON ACCOMPANYING KIDS and it was not mentioned on the checklist? How would i have known anyways that i need to upload documents for them? What are the documents required for them? Do they need police certificate if they are under 18 years old?

****Now im worried if there are any other hidden documents that they will only ask once they start checking the application (Which are not mentioned in the portal while uploading the supporting documents)...!!!
hi what happen to your application

Andrew B

Nov 3, 2021
hi what happen to your application
Hi there. My application was cancelled and i couldnt do anything with it anymore. I had to submit a new express entry profile and started from scratch. Now im waiting for the CEC draw but as of now there is no draw. Still waiting. How about you, How did you apply and anything similar like my case happened to you?

baltixz

Jul 25, 2010
Hi there. My application was cancelled and i couldnt do anything with it anymore. I had to submit a new express entry profile and started from scratch. Now im waiting for the CEC draw but as of now there is no draw. Still waiting. How about you, How did you apply and anything similar like my case happened to you?
the problem is ii declared it in my application and send a notarized declaration that I will not include in my application but still they cancel it