+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application for Federal skilled worker -arranged employment category

sqa

Feb 3, 2013
I came to Canada in July 2012 on open work permit. I have got full time permanent employment with an IT company in Alberta since September 2012.
Question1
Do I qualify for Federal skilled worker -arranged employment category as a principal applicant?
Question 2
If I qualify then does it require arranged employment opinion human resource and skills development?

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Hi,

If you are working under the PGWP you do not need an AEO.

Consult federal skilled worker manual OP6b section 9.14 (point 2)

sqa

Feb 3, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not on PGWP.
My spouse is on PGWP and i'm on open work permit

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
IF you are not on a PGWP or from a NAFTA country or any other international agreements Canada may have then you need an AEO.
Instead what you can do is, make your wife apply (if she has a qualified job offer) for a PR and you can be registered as a spouse (dependant)

ukichiko

Sep 6, 2012
I have a similar situation. I am on PGWP and I received a declined initial assessment because I don't have LMO even though My PGWP is valid for another year. I spoke to cic several times, they say: resubmit and mention you have an offer of employment. However ESDC told me I need LMO.
If I resubmit, what document should I use to protect myself? any links, quotes? where does it mention it that PGWP with offer for skilled immigration would not require LMO? Cause in the instruction Guide it just mentions the admissible exception in international agreement or pilot project,

Would really appreciate,

Julia

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
ukichiko said:
I have a similar situation. I am on PGWP and I received a declined initial assessment because I don't have LMO even though My PGWP is valid for another year. I spoke to cic several times, they say: resubmit and mention you have an offer of employment. However ESDC told me I need LMO.
If I resubmit, what document should I use to protect myself? any links, quotes? where does it mention it that PGWP with offer for skilled immigration would not require LMO? Cause in the instruction Guide it just mentions the admissible exception in international agreement or pilot project,

Would really appreciate,

Julia
Well this is really scary, as I just submitted last week my FSW under arranged employment category and I'm on Post Grad open work permit right now. I inquired to CIC customer care regarding this and got the same answer everytime that if you are on an open work permit, that should be okay. I'm still not sure if without LMO they'll accept it, but keeping my fingers crossed as my work permit is gonna expire soon and don't have much options.
So I've attached a letter along with my package stating why I'm exempt from LMO (As I've post grad open work permit). Now I'm not sure if they'll consider it, but hoping for the best!!!!

You can talk to CIC customer care and see what they say. Let me know as well!!

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
ukichiko said:

Would really appreciate,

Julia
Hey Julia, I just found this "(2) the applicant is currently working in Canada pursuant to R82(2)(b): - in the category where limited access to the labour market is granted for public policy reasons (i.e. Post Graduate Work Permit etc.) " in the document - federal skilled worker manual OP6b section 9.14 (point 2) as mentioned in the above post by "ghatot201".

So I'm very much hopeful with this. Still keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Regards,
Vaibhav

ukichiko

Sep 6, 2012
Just received a letter from intake office confirming that the PGWP is not an acceptable exception: it's not under international agreement. The quote that you found, do you have a document for that? MAybe a link? If I am going to fight with them, I need something to show..,
Good luck, too. Let me know as well.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
ukichiko said:
Just received a letter from intake office confirming that the PGWP is not an acceptable exception: it's not under international agreement. The quote that you found, do you have a document for that? MAybe a link? If I am going to fight with them, I need something to show..,
Good luck, too. Let me know as well.
Here is a link for the same - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf
Go to section 9.14 (point 2)

I'm not sure though this document is still valid, but it says FSW applications after June 2010. But the document is updated as of 31-Jan-2014. So I think that this is the correct document in this regard.
Go ahead and contact them again with this information. Do let us know what they said and if they consider your application.

Regards,
Vaibhav

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
ukichiko said:
Thank you, let me know how your case goes: remember to post the updates!

Julia
Hi Julia,

Did you get any updates on your application? Did you get back to them with the above info? Please let me know any updates as I'm in the same boat as you and I'll have to wait another month to hear anything on my application.

Regards,
Vaibhav

saurabh54

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Julia,

Did you get any updates on your application? Did you get back to them with the above info? Please let me know any updates as I'm in the same boat as you and I'll have to wait another month to hear anything on my application.

Regards,
Vaibhav
Hi Vaibhav,
I am also in the same boat,i am also planning to file under FSWP, i just searched over internet, found this link, as per this...

"If you are currently working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit, the employer who has offered you a permanent position will need to get a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC to support your FSWP application, even if you are already working for them. Please check the HRSDC website for more details."
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=698&t=6

Further, manual you are referring to is the outdated one, you should refer to
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf

Still i don't know much about this. I was just doing my R&D over internet. I could be wrong & i don't want to demoralize you.

I wish you luck so that you can go through and i can also file my application :p.

Please keep us posted & share your experience.

Thanks
Saurabh

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
saurabh54 said:
Hi Vaibhav,
I am also in the same boat,i am also planning to file under FSWP, i just searched over internet, found this link, as per this...

"If you are currently working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit, the employer who has offered you a permanent position will need to get a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC to support your FSWP application, even if you are already working for them. Please check the HRSDC website for more details."
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=698&t=6

Further, manual you are referring to is the outdated one, you should refer to
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf

Still i don't know much about this. I was just doing my R&D over internet. I could be wrong & i don't want to demoralize you.

I wish you luck so that you can go through and i can also file my application :p.

Please keep us posted & share your experience.

Thanks
Saurabh
Hi Saurabh,
I also found the same thing, but I checked with CIC customer care and they told me that I can apply, still not sure if we can take their word. I also found out from above links (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf) that PGWP are covered under FSW arranged employment. But as you pointed out that this document is not valid now, I'm kind of worried. Also I could see that Julia's PR application getting rejected for Post Grad Open Work permit. Anyway, trying my luck, will update if I hear anything from them, though it'll take atleast 1 month from now to hear from them on my application!!

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
vaibhavxv said:
Hi Saurabh,
I also found the same thing, but I checked with CIC customer care and they told me that I can apply, still not sure if we can take their word. I also found out from above links (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf) that PGWP are covered under FSW arranged employment. But as you pointed out that this document is not valid now, I'm kind of worried. Also I could see that Julia's PR application getting rejected for Post Grad Open Work permit. Anyway, trying my luck, will update if I hear anything from them, though it'll take atleast 1 month from now to hear from them on my application!!
I just got a rejection email from CIC saying my application is not eligible. I'll now have to wait for my PNP and apply through it!!

saurabh54

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got a rejection email from CIC saying my application is not eligible. I'll now have to wait for my PNP and apply through it!!
Hey, do not feel bad. Did you check the new rules.
Try to look if your occupation is listed in new FSW list. If its under there and if you have 1 yr prior exp, file under it.

Link: http://www.cicnews.com/2014/04/breaking-news-reopening-federal-skilled-worker-program-043382.html