+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Files Transferred from Buffalo ----> Los Angeles VO from Sep 2011

D

DenverCO

Friends,

A small update from my side. I had completed landing at Fort Erie yesterday. I went to the US Post and told them I am doing flag posting. They had taken my passports, asked me to park the car and wait in their office. I waited in the US side of the border for almost an hour. But have a TV and nice lounge chairs to wait :). I was initially worried if the US Considers this as a refusal to entry into USA and will it have any impacts on my future attempts to move back to states. They had clarified that it will not have any negative impacts. Surprisingly I found the US officers to be very courteous!

They walked with my passports and made sure I joined the lane back to Canada.

I went to the Canadian side and surprisingly ran into an officer who started barking at me for no reason (even for my greetings). Thankfully I needed to interact with him only for couple of minutes. Waited in the Immigration lane for a minute. Worked with a lady Immigration officer who had reviewed all my documents (WP, Pay Slips, Bank Statements etc). Thanks to this forum, I had taken lots of documents with me just in case and am I glad she had reviewed all of them. The rest of the process went fine. I had handed them the goods to follow list and came back home.

Things I learned and I thought might be useful to the forum members:
(1) US Denial is not considered as derogatory for any future attempts to cross the border
(2) The goods to follow ... you can make any number of trips to US to get them all ... provided you keep a copy of the initial receipt from the Canadian customs
(3) No need to carry additional photos for PR Cards ... I was told that the picture on COPR received from the VISA office is sufficient for the PR card

Good Luck to all the rest of you. I am sincerely hoping your waiting will come to a fruitful ending real soon.

iktty

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa to la
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 17, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 29, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov16, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
wai ting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I start to feel so frustrated now. I sent Email to buffalo office and try to let them get the information about my passport. Buffalo VO answer me really quick,but they said because my case is in other office, so they cannot do anything, they just help me transfer my email to LA VO. Also I sent LA VO a specific case enquiry said I really need my passport back couple days ago. No any response from LAVO till yestoday. I just want a answer where is my passport now. Is it that hard to giver a response from VO?

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hello, this is my timeline:

1st AOR Buff to LA FileTransfer date Medical Request RPRF Request PPRequest VISA Granted
March 2010 Dec 01 2011 Waiting waiting Waiting Waiting

Last new I received: they started processing on Feb 16 2012.
I'll keep you guys update.

Miranda

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,
I have to get my medical's done and for that I have recieved couple of forms.One form is Medical Report: Section A Client identification and summary.

When I looked at the instructions to complete medical form.I came across an instruction which says make sure that doctor answers all questions in sectionn B through E of the medical report form .

However,On the actual medical form I see checkboxes from A to D.I do not see any E checkbox. Is it an incomplete form ?.Can somebody please answer that question?.I need answers from people who have got medical forms from Buffalo.

Thanks,
Trick

iktty

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa to la
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 17, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 29, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov16, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
wai ting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jayjas said:
still waiting with our passport! hopefully this week...
Me too!

iktty

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa to la
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 17, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 29, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov16, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
wai ting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jayjas said:
iktty,

what is your timeline? lets just pray.
Send application: sep 17 2011
Transfer to Ottawa: Oct 17,2011
Medical request: Oct 29,2011
Send medical request: Nov 16,2011
Passport request from LA: Feb 16, 2011
PP received by La: Feb 22, 2012
Money order encashed: Mar 14, 2012
DM: Mar 23,2012
Waiting for PP back now

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Novsaggi and OMM are MIA. Any news?

PrCan

Nov 17, 2010
Dear All:

Today we received our passports back from LA office, with VISA and CPR. Planning to do the landing process this coming weekend at Seattle border (already in Canada). Here is the timeline in case if anyone want to know:

Passports reached LA office on FEB 29 2012
VISA Stamp Date: MAR 23 2012
Received back on: APR 10 2012

Good luck everyone on this forum!!!!

Cheers,
PrCan

iktty

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa to la
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 17, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 29, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov16, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
wai ting
LANDED..........
Waiting
PrCan said:
Dear All:

Today we received our passports back from LA office, with VISA and CPR. Planning to do the landing process this coming weekend at Seattle border (already in Canada). Here is the timeline in case if anyone want to know:

Cheers,
PrCan
Did they send your passport back by your prepaid envolop or regular mail? I still have no information about our passport

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Congrats Updated ;D

Rod

PrCan said:
Dear All:

Cheers,
PrCan