+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application: Don't know about stepfather's past aka any children

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hey,

When declaring family members for PR application I have included my mother, father, common-law partner, half-brother from my dad's side and my step-father as he is married with my mother. But! I don't know anything about his past and whether he has any kids. At some point, I head gossip when I was a kid that he had a daughter but that was never confirmed. I never heard of her from him, never seen, etc. What should I do? Should I mention this in my LEO? He's denying having kids from previous relationship. But what if he's lying? need advice. Thnaks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey,

When declaring family members for PR application I have included my mother, father, common-law partner, half-brother from my dad's side and my step-father as he is married with my mother. But! I don't know anything about his past and whether he has any kids. At some point, I head gossip when I was a kid that he had a daughter but that was never confirmed. I never heard of her from him, never seen, etc. What should I do? Should I mention this in my LEO? He's denying having kids from previous relationship. But what if he's lying? need advice. Thnaks!
Hi

If he says he doesn't have any, then there is nothing to mention.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hi

If he says he doesn't have any, then there is nothing to mention.
The relationship it not exactly good and he had some affairs in the past... So, at this point I can't trust him. What if some random step-sibling pops up in my background check that i didn't know existed in the first place? Don't want to misrepresent myself.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The relationship it not exactly good and he had some affairs in the past... So, at this point I can't trust him. What if some random step-sibling pops up in my background check that i didn't know existed in the first place? Don't want to misrepresent myself.
I don't see the need but if you are worried, go ahead and explain it.