+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application denial and the review process.

madmax

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks for replying back brywus and Gladaki,

I just got the GCMS notes and it states that they didn't consider part of my oldest position as my PGWP started on August 31th.

But the good news here is that I convocated in April and as per the rules, I should be reconsidered again. 7

"Any period of employment during which the applicant was engaged in full-time study will not be included in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., work experience gained through co-op work permits, off-campus work permits while a full-time student, and on-campus work permits).”

I hope the VO sees it the way my lawyers do.

madmax

Feb 28, 2011
jes_ON said:
The VO's explanation was simply "because you have not obtained sufficient full-time equivalent Canadian work experience within the 36 months preceding the date the application was made."

While I agree it's short on details, and the example that gladacki provided is more helpful, there's nothing "out of the earth" about it. The applicant did not have enough experience, in the VO's estimation. Whether that's because of dates, or hours, lack of authorization, suspicion of a "bogus" employment (I'd be suspicious of that last week myself); or a miscalculation - we don't have enough information.

It's certainly worth inquiring about.
Thanks Jes_ON, I got the GCMS notes, hopefully, that should help resolve this issue!

madmax

Feb 28, 2011
xymonkeant said:
They are however different positions with different responsibilities.

As per instruction guide :

Applications for Permanent Residence under the Canadian Experience Class can be submitted by individuals who have at least 12 months of qualifying Canadian work experience in a managerial, professional, skilled trade or technical occupation, and who meet the language proficiency requirements for their occupational skill level.
I worked as a lab tech, associate and consultant to be more clear about the roles i worked.

madmax

Feb 28, 2011
Sophia.B said:
Sorry to hear that,, I had same experience last year due to lack of working hours. very sad and frustrated and everything went to black:( take a deep breath! there are lots ways. you should apply GCMS notes, they will have more details on it. From my understanding is that they check the days, hours from your employee letter, not what you wrote which sometimes doesn't make sense. hope you have better luck after they review it. I applied again and add more days on my application, I just did my medical.
good luck!
Good luck Sophia, I hope you get it!