+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application declined for not meeting requirements ?!?!??!!?!

fossy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
no i came here 10 years ago as a licensed automotive service technician (finished and wrote my exam in germany)

then after working here for 2 years they all of a sudden said at a application for work visa i need to write my canadian exam

which i did and i choose to write the redseal ticket (more questions when u take the test) instead of the provincial
just incase i ever wanted to leave alberta and work in a different province

so to sum it up i have 2 documents 1 german 1 canadian that show that i passed a test to be able to call myself a automotive mechanic and work in that field

willi

May 26, 2015
@Foss
I guess the problem is from the category you applied. The Red seal can not be considered as an educational certificate.It is a license to practice in that trade. If your application is under federal skill worker class then you still have the education requirement to meet and in this case ECA of your German qualification is mandatory. How ever with the Red seal license am pretty sure you qualify for the federal skill trade programm which does not require ECA. What I will suggest is that you speak to an expert to guide you in your application to the express entry pool so that you should placed under federal skill trade programme rather than federal skill worker programme because with your red seal ticket it is easier in that category than the federal skill worker category.

Reactions: shaizeik

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willi said:
@Foss
I guess the problem is from the category you applied. The Red seal can not be considered as an educational certificate.It is a license to practice in that trade. If your application is under federal skill worker class then you still have the education requirement to meet and in this case ECA of your German qualification is mandatory. How ever with the Red seal license am pretty sure you qualify for the federal skill trade programm which does not require ECA. What I will suggest is that you speak to an expert to guide you in your application to the express entry pool so that you should placed under federal skill trade programme rather than federal skill worker programme because with your red seal ticket it is easier in that category than the federal skill worker category.
Willi, I had a similar suspicion but don't know enough about what Red Seal is.

Your advice is spot on.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
fossy said:
so you would suggest hiring a immigration lawyer ?
You can simply make another new profile on your own. I believe to qualify for FST, you need a LMIA.
Or you can get the ECA done and apply for FSW. This might be faster than the LMIA if you don't have it yet.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Good luck, its annoying getting rejected when you thought you included everything, i also got rejected 1st time for a mistake w/ PCC, when submitting it next time double and triple check and also get a good lawyer or immigration consultant to look at your ITA, doc requirements and your files to make sure everything is there

fossy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
since they ask you if you applied before for PR and or EE i basicly have to provide the declined number now in the question correct ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
fossy said:
since they ask you if you applied before for PR and or EE i basicly have to provide the declined number now in the question correct ?
No - your application was returned as incomplete. it was never entered into the system, so as far as CIC is concerned, you did not apply.

fossy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
hmmm so 2 different answers which one is right now ????

and does anyone know how long it usually takes them to refund the fees that have been paid ?

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
fossy said:
anyone know ? its kinda the last part before i could resubmit
You may want to take a look at this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/statutory-questionconcern-about-misrepresentation-t435499.0.html

I would personally choose "no" but I think either way it won't have any effect on your application since you will have to explain what happened (if you choose "yes") and a returned application due to incompleteness doesn't raise any red flags.

FROST4190

Nov 15, 2016
fossy said:
no i came here 10 years ago as a licensed automotive service technician (finished and wrote my exam in germany)

then after working here for 2 years they all of a sudden said at a application for work visa i need to write my canadian exam

which i did and i choose to write the redseal ticket (more questions when u take the test) instead of the provincial
just incase i ever wanted to leave alberta and work in a different province

so to sum it up i have 2 documents 1 german 1 canadian that show that i passed a test to be able to call myself a automotive mechanic and work in that field
Hello,
I think your mistake was to upload Red seal card and letter. CIC required certificate not card. Red seal card is not red seal certificate of qualification