+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application - Decision Made ???????

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Hi Guys,

What does 'Decision Made' for a PR application mean after a person has completed all stages - medicals, PPR, etc. ?

Please reply.

Last edited:

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
It means CIC has made a decision on your application. You're either approved or denied PR. When did it change? If recently, you should be getting an email with the decision any time (so check your spam folders). If it's been in that status awhile, contact CIC.

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Okay. But what could be the probable reason for it to be denied when everything was smooth ?

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

What does 'Decision Made' for a PR application mean if a person has completed all stages - medicals, PPR, etc. ?

Please reply.
If you completed PPR, shouldn't you submit your passport or do the landing by now?

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
After submitting my passport, the status on cic says 'decision made'. thats what i am trying to ask.. what does it mean?

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After submitting my passport, the status on cic says 'decision made'. thats what i am trying to ask.. what does it mean?
It mean they already printed your visa. Do you see the counterfoil number in your profile?

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
It means CIC has made a decision on your application. You're either approved or denied PR. When did it change? If recently, you should be getting an email with the decision any time (so check your spam folders). If it's been in that status awhile, contact CIC.
Hey!! If this is the case then why do people on this forum consider PPR has almost guaranteed PR ?? Have seen so many congratulatory messages for PPR receivers.. pls reply

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hey!! If this is the case then why do people on this forum consider PPR has almost guaranteed PR ?? Have seen so many congratulatory messages for PPR receivers.. pls reply
because usually once you get PPR, that means that you already passed all the security and eligibility checks, that's why CIC is asking for your passport for stamping :)

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Is this a legit question? Where in my post do I say anything about the PPR email?

In any case, when you receive the PPR email, you're pretty much on the home stretch. THAT BEING SAID, if CIC finds something in the final checks (or is notified of anything of concern by an outside party), they can deny you PR. Technically until you show up at a port of entry and have the documents stamped, PR can be revoked. At the border they ask you if you've had any criminal changes, etc., if you said yes, they could deny you PR based on that.

Desertguy2706

May 13, 2019
I have submitted offline and when I checked my CIC aacount it got updated to Decision made then in Day 3 I received the PPR. What does it mean? Does it mean my application is approved?