+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application: Decision Made , Concern with Address

andrewmadrid

Mar 31, 2013
Hi All,

I am in the final stages (I hope) of finalizing my PR application. My wife is Canadian, I am a US Citizen, and we currently live in Madrid, Spain. My status as of last week reads Decision Made, and the Canadian Immigration Services requested that I pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee back in September (before the Decision Made status appeared)

When I click on the link for my application status I see the following:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.We received Andrew's application for permanent residence on May 15, 2013.

2.We started processing Andrew's application on July 24, 2013.

3.Medical results have been received.

4.A decision has been made on Andrew's application. The office will contact Andrew concerning this decision.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

However my street address is displayed in an odd way, in Spain, street names come first then, street number, followed by apartment number, so my address like this:

Streetname, 12 3-D

However on the Immigration website it's displayed:

3-D Streetname, 12

Which to a Spanish postal worker probably reads, Number 3, Apartment 12.

This is probably why we never received a letter about my wife's approval or not to sponsor me (although it seems to have been approved)

I've emailed the Canadian Embassy in Paris about this weeks ago, but have received no reply.

I don't know how long it should be between seeing "decision made" and receiving communication from the embassy. I've read on the website that if I call the CIC they can't tell me anything as at this point everything is being done at the Embassy in Paris, who aren't responding to my emails.

Any advice on what to do at this point? I'm not sure if they'll send me letter letting me know that I'm approved or not, or if they will email me.

Thanks,

-Andrew

NZ2AB

Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
andrewmadrid said:
Hi All,

I am in the final stages (I hope) of finalizing my PR application. My wife is Canadian, I am a US Citizen, and we currently live in Madrid, Spain. My status as of last week reads Decision Made, and the Canadian Immigration Services requested that I pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee back in September (before the Decision Made status appeared)

When I click on the link for my application status I see the following:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.We received Andrew's application for permanent residence on May 15, 2013.

2.We started processing Andrew's application on July 24, 2013.

3.Medical results have been received.

4.A decision has been made on Andrew's application. The office will contact Andrew concerning this decision.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

However my street address is displayed in an odd way, in Spain, street names come first then, street number, followed by apartment number, so my address like this:

Streetname, 12 3-D

However on the Immigration website it's displayed:

3-D Streetname, 12

Which to a Spanish postal worker probably reads, Number 3, Apartment 12.

This is probably why we never received a letter about my wife's approval or not to sponsor me (although it seems to have been approved)

I've emailed the Canadian Embassy in Paris about this weeks ago, but have received no reply.

I don't know how long it should be between seeing "decision made" and receiving communication from the embassy. I've read on the website that if I call the CIC they can't tell me anything as at this point everything is being done at the Embassy in Paris, who aren't responding to my emails.

Any advice on what to do at this point? I'm not sure if they'll send me letter letting me know that I'm approved or not, or if they will email me.

Thanks,

-Andrew
First of all, weird. I am going through this process with my husband now and his name is also Andrew so when I read your quote (and we are at the same stage) I thought it was our application, haha. Anyway, email your processing visa office (as you did). I just did that today to change my address and the automatic response says that they will update your info accordingly and I will not likely receive a response (Sydney, Australia office though).

We are also waiting for a COPR in the mail so it is important to have your address changed. Although my husband and I lived in Madrid last year and everyone in the building was kind enough to help them find us when it came to the post (since the addresses read differently)!

You can email paris again with URGENT in the title. I don't know about Paris, but Sydney has a specific email address to access them through the online portal that is specifically for people with open cases (as opposed to simply general inquiries).

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
In my experience CIC emails you AIP and DM, rather than sending it in the mail. You obviously will want that changed to the correct format for when they send the COPR. Have you tried calling CIC yet? Or just have heard there is nothing they can do now. If you haven't, I would suggest calling CIC just to cover all your bases. Good luck!

andrewmadrid

Mar 31, 2013
Well it took several weeks, but the Canadian Embassy in Paris, just sent me this reply (after I emailed them about my address being incorrect)

Confirmation of Permanent Residence was mailed November 19, 2013, it takes two weeks for reception.

I'm assuming that means I've been approved?

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....