AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
If I understand correctly you want to use your original permit to apply for BOWP. In which case this section of OB485A might be revelant to you:

Please note the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

• Foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months and/or already have a new LMO that can be used as the basis for new work permit application

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Thanks for your reply LPS....
Yes, you are correct, I want to use the original WP which i am currently working on to apply for BOWP and is expiring in next 4 months. However, other WP with the other employer (LMO based) which I did not use if valid until end of next year. I do not have any other new LMO (or Offer) from anyother employer at the moment. Do I qualify for BOWP? If not what are the option as my current permit is expiring soon.

Thanks,

LPS said:
If I understand correctly you want to use your original permit to apply for BOWP. In which case this section of OB485A might be revelant to you:

Please note the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

• Foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months and/or already have a new LMO that can be used as the basis for new work permit application

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
canada.msn said:
Thanks for your reply LPS....
Yes, you are correct, I want to use the original WP which i am currently working on to apply for BOWP and is expiring in next 4 months. However, other WP with the other employer (LMO based) which I did not use if valid until end of next year. I do not have any other new LMO (or Offer) from anyother employer at the moment. Do I qualify for BOWP? If not what are the option as my current permit is expiring soon.
The BOWP is intended for certain PR applicants in Canada whose work status is about to expire, to relieve them, their employers, and HRSDC of the burden of the LMO process. If you already went and got a new positive LMO - and you did - then a work permit (i.e. the closed one) is already available to you.

Operational bulletin 485A says that your work permit must be about to expire (within four months) and that you don't already have a new permit or the means to obtain one (i.e. the LMO).

The rules can be bent but you need to write a convincing explanation letter and have a sympathetic VO. Certain people on this forum have essentially asked "I have more than four months left on my permit but [I'm stressed at my current job / I would like to work somewhere else / etc], how do I get a BOWP". It's not really designed for people who simply don't like their jobs, neither is it for people with a job offer who are not inclined to take it.

Some people though have successfully got around the four month rule because they were terminated way earlier than their original contract end date, and they would have been stranded here on a closed permit unable to work for anyone else, and managed to write a convincing letter to this effect.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Thanks LPS... i get what you say, by the time the Closed WP was processed for the new employer the situation changed and they dont have a role for me anymore as their end clients changed their business model and reduced business with them. So I would be stranded with the closed WP if CIC do not issue me an bridging open WP which would allow to look for other Job options. With my PR appln submissiong I did not include the new WP and did mentioned on the letter that I am not using it and may not be able to use in the future. What should one do in such situations?

Do you know if anyone has been in this situation?

LPS said:
The BOWP is intended for certain PR applicants in Canada whose work status is about to expire, to relieve them, their employers, and HRSDC of the burden of the LMO process. If you already went and got a new positive LMO - and you did - then a work permit (i.e. the closed one) is already available to you.

Operational bulletin 485A says that your work permit must be about to expire (within four months) and that you don't already have a new permit or the means to obtain one (i.e. the LMO).

The rules can be bent but you need to write a convincing explanation letter and have a sympathetic VO. Certain people on this forum have essentially asked "I have more than four months left on my permit but [I'm stressed at my current job / I would like to work somewhere else / etc], how do I get a BOWP". It's not really designed for people who simply don't like their jobs, neither is it for people with a job offer who are not inclined to take it.

Some people though have successfully got around the four month rule because they were terminated way earlier than their original contract end date, and they would have been stranded here on a closed permit unable to work for anyone else, and managed to write a convincing letter to this effect.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Admittedly, I don't have any experience with the LMO process, perhaps someone who does has some ideas on what to do next...?