+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application cancelled for invalid reason. Need Help

Ami sandhu

Mar 11, 2014
Hi All

I applied for my PR after getting nomination from province of Nova Scotia. In Express entry form for the Travel details section it is specified to provide details if the applicant's spouse or his family members ever traveled from their country of Origin or residence. As my spouse's Brother and Mother traveled to US for some period of time we mentioned those details in the application. Neither me nor my spouse ever traveled to United states.

We received an email for cancellation of our PR application for not providing PC for my spouse's stay in US. We didnot receive any email for providing PC for spouse's US stay or asking for explanation for not providing the document. The Immigration authorities simply cancelled our Application.

Kinldy help for our future course of action.Whats steps we need to take further?
1) Do we need to create Fresh Express entry profile?
2) As our PNP nomination is valid till september 2016 how will our nomination reflect in the new Express entry profile?

Your help will be highly appreciated....

HEISLORD

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
avo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you nor your spouse did not travel to the US , i dont see why you should provide PC for your spouse

I will suggest you speak to a very good immigration lawyer that can handle this for you

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
Ami sandhu said:
Hi All

I applied for my PR after getting nomination from province of Nova Scotia. In Express entry form for the Travel details section it is specified to provide details if the applicant's spouse or his family members ever traveled from their country of Origin or residence. As my spouse's Brother and Mother traveled to US for some period of time we mentioned those details in the application. Neither me nor my spouse ever traveled to United states.

We received an email for cancellation of our PR application for not providing PC for my spouse's stay in US. We didnot receive any email for providing PC for spouse's US stay or asking for explanation for not providing the document. The Immigration authorities simply cancelled our Application.

Kinldy help for our future course of action.Whats steps we need to take further?
1) Do we need to create Fresh Express entry profile?
2) As our PNP nomination is valid till september 2016 how will our nomination reflect in the new Express entry profile?

Your help will be highly appreciated....
Sorry it was all your fault. No reason to have mentioned the US trip as it doesnt apply to you the principal applicant or your Spouse. U got CIC confused abt that and they thought those pple u mentioned are part of ur dependants which u must submit PCC for. The form "YOUR TRAVEL" applies only to past trips of the principal applicant (YOU) and all ur dependants (SPOUSE & CHILDREN). You need to get an immigration lawyer to help you out.

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
What is PC?

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Thanks @ Lakesyde. But I thought PC is required only if you spent six or more months in a foreign country. The. officer that reviewed file apparently didn't have the presence of mind.

InUkCa

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Draw 10 | LAA: 28 Nov 15 | MPNP:24 Jan 16 | SP2: 7 Feb16 | SP2 Resubmission : 15 Feb 16 | Received Status: 22 Feb 16 | CIC: 31 Aug 16
Doc's Request.
SP2 : To resubmit 15 Jan 16
Nomination.....
Assessment Pending: 8 July 16 | SP2 Interview: 21 July 16 | Applicant Interview: 27 July 2016 | Assessment in process: 28 July 16 | Assessment Complete: 2 August 2016 | Nomination Letter (LOA): 11 August 2016
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2016(XEP to EP), 28 Dec 2016
File Transfer...
28 Dec 2016
Med's Done....
05 Jan 2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
16 Feb 2017 (Passport sent on 23 Feb 2017)
VISA ISSUED...
14 March 2017
LANDED..........
25 March 2017
mot said:
Thanks @ Lakesyde. But I thought PC is required only if you spent six or more months in a foreign country. The. officer that reviewed file apparently didn't have the presence of mind.
Agreed for PNP applicants this is mentioned in IMM5690E page 3 item 15. But how to flag this to an officer before hand or rectify in cases like this where application is canceled resulting loss of valuable time.

I had also visited Canada, Japan and Australia, for approx 2 weeks each due to work. It is cumbersome to obtain police clearance from everywhere.

I always opine that one pertinent thing in this whole immigration process is long time halting other things in an individual's life and bringing in unwanted stress during processing time.

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
mot said:
The CIC officer got it all wrong but no thanks to the inclusion of spouse family members in "your travel form" by Ami Sanhu. He shld fight this with an immigration Lawyer.

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
getting a lawyer after application rejected will not work, now i will advice u to start a new Express entry, dont loose hope, but next time while filling your CIC forms, dont tell any lies, CIC has many database which they check information, once they type your full name, it will bring out all your informations, travels, adress, were you worked, etc, so i dont tink lawyer can work after application cancelled,

HEISLORD

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
avo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will suggest that you hire an immigration lawyer. You also need to seek the counsel of seniors such as "pipis husband "to help u.

Don't think it is idea to start a new application as advised by some. You have a good case and you should follow through

Vicky22

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC - JUL 22
Nomination.....
FEB 02
AOR Received.
APR 01
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
APR 20
Med's Request
JUL 20
Med's Done....
JUL 25
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
WP - OCT 04 & SENT
VISA ISSUED...
WP ISSUED // PR - WAITING
LANDED..........
LANDED - WAITING FOR PR
Get a lawyer fast mate. Won't cost a lot but could save your time and effort.

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
Ayokunlex01 said:
getting a lawyer after application rejected will not work, now i will advice u to start a new Express entry, dont loose hope, but next time while filling your CIC forms, dont tell any lies, CIC has many database which they check information, once they type your full name, it will bring out all your informations, travels, adress, were you worked, etc, so i dont tink lawyer can work after application cancelled,

From what Ami explained, its not a case of telling lies and the situation cld av bin managed well if He/she got the CIC email requesting for provision of spouse PC. I think a gud lawyer can help.