+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application being processed in Vancouver Local Visa Office.

saksh

May 1, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Hi!

Received an information letter on May 13, 2019 stating the process has now been completed and a visa officer will be in touch to schedule a landing interview.

Haven’t heard back as yet. Got in touch with CIC customer service and they mentioned that it takes around 3 months to hear back.

Thoughts?

MapleRider

May 13, 2019
Congratulations! How long did the Vancouver office take to send the interview request from the date you received your information letter about the process being completed?
Thank you! I never received a letter saying the process is competed. I was advised over the phone that the decision was made and my application was approved. CIC agent told me they sent all necessary docs to local office on May 7th. It took 43 days from May 7th for local VO to send an interview request letter. It came directly to my email address rather than online account.

MapleRider

May 13, 2019
Hi!

Received an information letter on May 13, 2019 stating the process has now been completed and a visa officer will be in touch to schedule a landing interview.

Haven’t heard back as yet. Got in touch with CIC customer service and they mentioned that it takes around 3 months to hear back.

Thoughts?
Depends on visa office. In my case I got the landing interview email after 43 days. So if your local VO is Vancouver, you should be receiving the email shortly.

saksh

May 1, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Thank you! I never received a letter saying the process is competed. I was advised over the phone that the decision was made and my application was approved. CIC agent told me they sent all necessary docs to local office on May 7th. It took 43 days from May 7th for local VO to send an interview request letter. It came directly to my email address rather than online account.
Oh sweet, good to know! I guess it’s normal to wait for anywhere between 1-3 months.

Good luck for the landing interview

MapleRider

May 13, 2019
Oh sweet, good to know! I guess it’s normal to wait for anywhere between 1-3 months.

Good luck for the landing interview
Thank you. Yeah, it does take a while. There is just so many of us trying to become permanent residents, CIC is really struggling with the sheer volume

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
CEC Inland

AOR October 2017 (yes, not a typo, 2017)
Medical Passed: November 2017
Approved: May 7, 2019 (was advised over phone call)

Currently still waiting for PPR from Vancouver VO. Called CIC today and was told that they sent the COPR letter to Vancouver VO, so they can print it and send it to me directly. They’ve no clue how long it’ll take. 5 weeks tomorrow from approval date. 1 year and 7 months since AOR.
do you know when your file was transferred to Vancouver VO ?

MapleRider

May 13, 2019
I’m not sure when exactly it was approved. The agent told me that the decision was made, the file was approved and the COPR letter was sent to local VO on May 7th. So hypothetically the file could have been approved and/or transferred to LVO at any day before or after May 7th.

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
Did you guy get ghost update before seeing DM ? How long does it take from ghost update to DM ????

MapleRider

May 13, 2019
I didn’t get any ghost updates.

Btw despite the fact that I was told that my PR application is approved, the online account still says that they are checking eligibility, processing background check and all that other stuff. So it’s not very accurate to say the least.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Are you all within Canada? I raised a CSE and was told Vancouver is where application is being processed. I’m FSW-O.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
My file also transfered form ottawa to Vancouver in May. Yesterday I got calls from the officer to confirm some details in my application