Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
aba_bab said:
Why bother sending letters of reference from those jobs? CIC clearly only looks at 0, A, B. Even if I could get those letters, I'd rather not attach them, I'd want to give them exactly what they want, and would want to minimize the chances of being misunderstood.

Besides, if the purpose of that is to show that you've been paying your taxes and earning income, a better way would be to attach your Tax docs and T5.

Just my two cents.
Is confusing because on the checklist it mentions this:

"Up-to-date letters of references from your past and current employers for the last 3 years"

but on schedule 8 it asks for jobs with skill level 0, A, B, ONLY"

So???

CEC_Aidan

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-04-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
bravosix said:
Is confusing because on the checklist it mentions this:

"Up-to-date letters of references from your past and current employers for the last 3 years"

but on schedule 8 it asks for jobs with skill level 0, A, B, ONLY"

So???
When looking into it before I sent mine off, I read somewhere that it made sense to list only 0,A,B jobs on the application in schedule 8, but included a short letter saying "here's my references from previous non skill level 0,A,B jobs in the last 3 years..."

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aba_bab said:
Why bother sending letters of reference from those jobs?
Because it is REQUIRED to submit letters of employment for all jobs held in the past 3 years.

Under the Federal Skilled Worker program, you need letters covering the past 10 years. Consider yourselves lucky!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Choosa said:
All I want to know is once your application is refused, is it possible to request for reassessement for the refused application? Is it just easy as writing them a letter saying 'Oh, i think u made a mistake. Please review my application again'? If I must make my appeal to federal court.. (which would make me really pissed), what would be the process?
I will refer you again to the link I provided previously -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-application-refusal.html

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Choosa said:
My application was submitted in December 2011.

I filled out the application form under Canadian Experience category. I looked through again and there was no instruction saying I needed to indicate I am applying as 'Post-Graduate stream'. I guess both 'Temporary Foreign Worker' and 'Post-Graduate' stream fall under the same category.
Did you use the Schedule 8 application form dated 12-2011 (bottom left corner)?

Item 3, study in Canada - presumably you checked "yes"
Item 4 - if you checked "2 years or more" then it is possible that the VO thought you were claiming 2 years of experience, which you did not document (missing Letter of Employment). Still, they should have considered you under the post-grad stream.

Also - for the job that you are claiming experience - what was the NOC? And how many hours per week did you work?

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
jes_ON said:
Because it is REQUIRED to submit letters of employment for all jobs held in the past 3 years.

Under the Federal Skilled Worker program, you need letters covering the past 10 years. Consider yourselves lucky!
Oh wow 10 years! damn that's a lot hahaha, I had my first job 10 years ago

For the last 3 years I had 3 skill level c jobs. I've only been able to obtain letter from one of those employers, I worked part time for 7 months.

I emailed HR for the other 2 jobs a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard back. I worked 3 months for one and 2 months for the other one, both skill level C. What is the worst case scenario if I don't get those 2 letters?

For my current job (skill level B) I'm not worried as I will be able to get that letter.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know and maybe I am wrong.......but is a 4 year bachelor's degree considered post graduate education? I am under the impression that its only Masters (MSc, MBA) or PhD that come under the PG stream.

Everyone is eligible for the PGWP but that doesnt mean a 4 year bachelor's degree is post graduation. And CEC is (i think) explicit in stating that 1 year work experience will be accepted for a PG student. Do you think that could be an issue?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hopefulagain said:
I dont know and maybe I am wrong.......but is a 4 year bachelor's degree considered post graduate education? I am under the impression that its only Masters (MSc, MBA) or PhD that come under the PG stream.
You are correct, bachelor's is "undergraduate" and not post-graduate. But CEC does not require that the education be at the post-graduate level, only post-secondary ("after high school"), which includes undergraduate programs.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
bravosix said:
I emailed HR for the other 2 jobs a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard back. I worked 3 months for one and 2 months for the other one, both skill level C. What is the worst case scenario if I don't get those 2 letters?
Worst case - if you don't get the letters - you have to write an explanation about why you couldn't get them. Also include in the letter the same info that would be in a Letter of Employment, and attach the Record of Employment.

aba_bab

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Whoops.. I guess I stand corrected. I too thought I had read someplace that only references from 0,A,B were required. Oh well, I didn't come across this situation luckily as both my jobs after uni were A and B.

Thanks Jes

Choosa

Apr 19, 2012
jes_ON said:
Did you use the Schedule 8 application form dated 12-2011 (bottom left corner)?

Item 3, study in Canada - presumably you checked "yes"
Item 4 - if you checked "2 years or more" then it is possible that the VO thought you were claiming 2 years of experience, which you did not document (missing Letter of Employment). Still, they should have considered you under the post-grad stream.

Also - for the job that you are claiming experience - what was the NOC? And how many hours per week did you work?
For the job that I am claiming as Canadian experience falls under both industrial designer (NOC 2252) or graphic designer (NOC 5241). I work typical full time hours (40 hrs a week)5 days a week. And I agree that VO might have thought I am claiming for 2 years exp. and led him/her to think I am applying under 'Temporary Foriegn worker stream' because I DID CHECKED on the "2 years or more" on ITEM #4. Thanks for your feedback. I just sent a reply email to OTT pilot processing center requesting a reconsideration of refusal decision. Will have to wait and see what happens next. Appreciate it all. Thanks.

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
Choosa said:
For the job that I am claiming as Canadian experience falls under both industrial designer (NOC 2252) or graphic designer (NOC 5241). I work typical full time hours (40 hrs a week)5 days a week. And I agree that VO might have thought I am claiming for 2 years exp. and led him/her to think I am applying under 'Temporary Foriegn worker stream' because I DID CHECKED on the "2 years or more" on ITEM #4. Thanks for your feedback. I just sent a reply email to OTT pilot processing center requesting a reconsideration of refusal decision. Will have to wait and see what happens next. Appreciate it all. Thanks.
Hey Choosa,

Did you receive your AOR before receiving this refusal letter (or) did CIC directly sent you this refusal letter before even sending you the AOR. Could you please clarify ?

Thanks.