+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR and Visitor Visa cancelled without Prejudice!!! Pls help

Aly159

Feb 5, 2017
Hi, I wish to request for your guidance about my PR visa that got “cancelled without prejudice’ before I landed in Canada.
How it all happened? Well, my wife emailed CIC to withdraw sponsorship due to stress and flared conversation. Soon after within 24hrs, she emailed CIC again that she made a mistake and that she did not mean to cancel the sponsorship and it was just due to stress on her mind. However, within 24hrs CIC had already emailed me about cancellation and requested for my passport to be sent to Visa office for cancellation & case got re-opened for a review.
I submitted my passport with an explanation that my wife made a mistake and that they can check from my wife for any further details and retain my passport for as long until all is clear and I shall wait until CIC decides about my application.

CIC kept my passport for 2 months, never contacted my wife or paid attention to her email. Instead, they cancelled my PR and even my 10 years Visitor Visa! Stamped Cancelled without prejudice.

After many months they have interviewed me and my wife again and asked for a new medical exam and Immigration officer said once my medical is clear my application will be approved again.
Now my point is, why did my Visitor Visa got cancelled? My wife emailed within 24 hrs that it was a mistake. But CIC cancelled my visitor Visa application also which had nothing to do with my PR. I am asking it because this visit visa cancelled point may affect my clean travel history and visa applications to other countries if and when I plan to apply and travel to.
Pls tell me how to go about it and clear my passport of all this issue especially when I never broke any rules and had a very clean history of travel all life long without a single stamp of refusal until this happened. Shall i contact CIC Visitor visa section to clear my visa after PR is issued again or not? Please help me. Thankyou. And also confirm what will I mention in the Visitor visa application forms in future that my Visitor visa got cancelled Along with my PR for a review and later got cleared? Please help and guide me.

Last edited:
R

rish888

Hi, I wish to request for your guidance about my PR visa that got “cancelled without prejudice’ before I landed in Canada.
How it all happened? Well, my wife emailed CIC to withdraw sponsorship due to stress and flared conversation. Soon after within 24hrs, she emailed CIC again that she made a mistake and that she did not mean to cancel the sponsorship and it was just due to stress on her mind. However, within 24hrs CIC had already emailed me about cancellation and requested for my passport to be sent to Visa office for cancellation & case got re-opened for a review.
I submitted my passport with an explanation that my wife made a mistake and that they can check from my wife for any further details and retain my passport for as long until all is clear and I shall wait until CIC decides about my application.

CIC kept my passport for 2 months, never contacted my wife or paid attention to her email. Instead, they cancelled my PR and even my 10 years Visitor Visa! Stamped Cancelled without prejudice.

After many months they have interviewed me and my wife again and asked for a new medical exam and Immigration officer said once my medical is clear my application will be approved again.
Now my point is, why did my Visitor Visa got cancelled? My wife emailed within 24 hrs that it was a mistake. But CIC cancelled my visitor Visa application also which had nothing to do with my PR. I am asking it because this visit visa cancelled point may affect my clean travel history and visa applications to other countries if and when I plan to apply and travel to.
Pls tell me how to go about it and clear my passport of all this issue especially when I never broke any rules and had a very clean history of travel all life long without a single stamp of refusal until this happened. Shall i contact CIC Visitor visa section to clear my visa after PR is issued again or not? Please help me. Thankyou. And also confirm what will I mention in the Visitor visa application forms in future that my Visitor visa got cancelled Along with my PR for a review and later got cleared? Please help and guide me.
Cancelled without Prejudice does not prevent you from reapplying. I have never applied for a visitors visa to Canada, however in my significant foreign travel the only question I have ever encountered is "Have you been denied a visa?" You can answer in the negative to this question.

As to why they cancelled it, unfortunately no one can say. However seems your PR application is back on track.

Why do you want to apply for a visit visa after getting PR? That is stupid, it would be like applying for a visa to your country of citizenship.

No need for a lawyer. Cancelled without prejudice is not a black mark on your record. The important part is "without prejudice." This would be different if it were cancelled with prejudice, which it was not.

PR's don't need a tourist visa to enter Canada. You enter with your PR card.

Gaurav soni

May 5, 2018
Hi.. I have got canada visitors visa alongwith my wife and 6yrs old son.. I have 20days tour and also have confirmed returned air tickets.. I booked a hotel in brampton for two days.. After that i plan to book hotel individually for the rest eighteen days in the another part of Toronto. Except it, i carried travel cards having 5000CAD. But on boarding time custom treated me very badly along family..and enquired me for two hours. It was horror reality for me and my family.. They didn't take it seriously, they told me that its a Rendom checking.. After that they make contact with embassy and finally told me go outside the airport and report to canadian embassy at chanakya puri new delhi.. When we went embassy the next day the consulate stamped our visa by (canceled without prejudice) now plz Guide me what to do when me and my family was innocent at that time. Answer me could they provide me visa shortly again.. Regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.. I have got canada visitors visa alongwith my wife and 6yrs old son.. I have 20days tour and also have confirmed returned air tickets.. I booked a hotel in brampton for two days.. After that i plan to book hotel individually for the rest eighteen days in the another part of Toronto. Except it, i carried travel cards having 5000CAD. But on boarding time custom treated me very badly along family..and enquired me for two hours. It was horror reality for me and my family.. They didn't take it seriously, they told me that its a Rendom checking.. After that they make contact with embassy and finally told me go outside the airport and report to canadian embassy at chanakya puri new delhi.. When we went embassy the next day the consulate stamped our visa by (canceled without prejudice) now plz Guide me what to do when me and my family was innocent at that time. Answer me could they provide me visa shortly again.. Regards
Wow! Visit Greater Toronto area for 20 days?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You haven't really provided the whole story, so no one can really comment. Who exactly "enquired you"? What did they ask?

Note that $5000 will barely even cover hotels in Toronto for 20 days, so even if you had made it to Canada, you would have almost certainly been refused entry anyways.

Mfortune

Jul 19, 2018

Hello,

My husband and I are in the same situation. His PR visa got cancelled and CIC asked him to return his passport today. They said that an interview will be required and organized in the fall. Please advise if you have received your PR and if they are going to keep his passport once they cancel his visa?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Maryame

CanadaVisitor7

Jul 22, 2018

Any update on your situation ? I would like to understand the process as it why it happened to you?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hello,

My husband and I are in the same situation. His PR visa got cancelled and CIC asked him to return his passport today. They said that an interview will be required and organized in the fall. Please advise if you have received your PR and if they are going to keep his passport once they cancel his visa?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Maryame
That is so strange! Can you share what happened in the later and why was the PR Visa cancelled?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That is so strange! Can you share what happened in the later and why was the PR Visa cancelled?
It's not strange at all actually. If you read through his poster's history, you'll see she was angry with her husband and sent a message to IRCC to withdraw / cancel her sponsorship of his PR application. So the application was canceled because she asked it to be - not because IRCC made some random decision.

Reactions: gta88

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
It's not strange at all actually. If you read through his poster's history, you'll see she was angry with her husband and sent a message to IRCC to withdraw / cancel her sponsorship of his PR application. So the application was canceled because she asked it to be - not because IRCC made some random decision.
Thank you @scylla
Didn't know about her situation well.