+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR and Refugee Travel document

Badr_87

Feb 1, 2022
I just got my PR approval on Jan 17th 2022 with protect person in Canada, PR application took 10 months.

I have a travel document I used it once so far to travel outside Canada but based on my experience I found it difficult and confusing when it comes to traveling with travel document, its hard to know which countries allow visitors with travel documents and also if you need visa.

I tried to contact some consulates like Mexico Bahamas UK USA Turks island etc... but sometimes you don't get a clear answer.

There is lack of information do you guys know any website or online tool which is accurate and updated to check ?

Thank you

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
I just got my PR approval on Jan 17th 2022 with protect person in Canada, PR application took 10 months.

I have a travel document I used it once so far to travel outside Canada but based on my experience I found it difficult and confusing when it comes to traveling with travel document, its hard to know which countries allow visitors with travel documents and also if you need visa.

I tried to contact some consulates like Mexico Bahamas UK USA Turks island etc... but sometimes you don't get a clear answer.

There is lack of information do you guys know any website or online tool which is accurate and updated to check ?

Thank you
I contacted the Mexico consulado. They say that once you have the PR card, then you do not need a visa. PR card and RTD is enough to enter mexico without a visa. As for USA and UK, you need to apply for a visitors visa, regardless of PR card. Someone else mentioned in a different thread that Bahamas requires a visa with the RTD.

Badr_87

Feb 1, 2022
I contacted the Mexico consulado. They say that once you have the PR card, then you do not need a visa. PR card and RTD is enough to enter mexico without a visa. As for USA and UK, you need to apply for a visitors visa, regardless of PR card. Someone else mentioned in a different thread that Bahamas requires a visa with the RTD.
Yes Bahamas requires visa with travel document if you are not PR once you are PR no visa
Most of the carribean Islands once you have PR no visa

Badr_87

Feb 1, 2022
It weird in 2015 I was on work permit here in Canada and I went with my national passport without visa, now that I'm protect person with travel document they told me I need visa It doesn't make any sense, I'm waiting until I receive my PR card and then travel with confidence.

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Hey
Wanted to ask on PR TimeLine
can you tell me your province of case for a refugee/protected person?
also your timeline from Positive results to AOR to PR Confirmation?
I got my positive decision in July 2021 in Ontario. I got AOR in Sep 2021
Also wanted to know time line for Travel Document ( Submitted request for travel document on 27 march 2022 )

Thank you

Badr_87

Feb 1, 2022
Hey
Also wanted to know time line for Travel Document ( Submitted request for travel document on 27 march 2022 )

Thank you
Hey
My province is Ontario i applied for PR March 2021 and I got final approval Jan 2022
Police clearance request Nov 2021

My hearing took longtime 2.5 years.

My travel document took nearly 3 months.

Even though I got my PR confirmation letter in Jan 19th I'm still waiting for my PR card.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022

Thank you
It only took you 10 months for PR as refugee? Congrats

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hey

Thank you
Pls share your current timeline i also submitted my application last week and also tell that will i recieve my aor on email or on pr portal