+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR and CoPR question.Please help

YahaBlack

Dec 18, 2020
Hi guys,
I´m super desperate about this issue. On July 10, I received the below letter saying that I´m a PR of Canada which was amazing, it included my COPR number and all the information, per the letter I sent the latter and the photos to get my PR card around August which I´m still waiting for it. I´m outside Canada due to a personal issue so I cannot return to the country because I need my PR card.

I cannot paste the letter but it said,

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
changed, please provide us with your current address.

Because I´m getting really anxious about the time I checked today my account where I received the letter and now it says that my COPR was expired on August 28. I´m getting super nervous and stressed about it because now I don´t know if I got rejected, if the PR was cancelled or what happened and my lawyer knows nothing about it. Could you please help me?

Does this letter below validate me as a Permanent resident? or Did I need to do something else besides sending the letter with my photos and address? Do I need to do something about the expired COPR?
I appreciate all your help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
I´m super desperate about this issue. On July 10, I received the below letter saying that I´m a PR of Canada which was amazing, it included my COPR number and all the information, per the letter I sent the latter and the photos to get my PR card around August which I´m still waiting for it. I´m outside Canada due to a personal issue so I cannot return to the country because I need my PR card.

I cannot paste the letter but it said,

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
changed, please provide us with your current address.

Because I´m getting really anxious about the time I checked today my account where I received the letter and now it says that my COPR was expired on August 28. I´m getting super nervous and stressed about it because now I don´t know if I got rejected, if the PR was cancelled or what happened and my lawyer knows nothing about it. Could you please help me?

Does this letter below validate me as a Permanent resident? or Did I need to do something else besides sending the letter with my photos and address? Do I need to do something about the expired COPR?
I appreciate all your help.
Were you in Canada when you received your virtual landing and when you applied for your PR card? Then you left Canada?