+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR and biometric

branvilvr

Jan 29, 2019
Hello, CIC received my application on 5th of April, 2019, and according to processing time bar on the website of my application says 90% complete. I have done medical (passed) and RCMP criminal check up based on fingerprint. However, they never asked me to do the biometric. I'm pretty sure I paid biometric fee upfront which makes my receipt total $1125 (was not able to see the breakdown but searched the board and got some info but still not sure). Please let me know if anyone had similar situation or have any ideas. Thanks!

ENA1

Sep 5, 2019
Dear All,

I need advise on what i can do on my PR application. I applied some 37 months ago. IRCC had a couple of issues with my application and i even had to go attend an interview just to clarify things that was confusing to them. December 2019, they sent me a PFL for which i have responded since them. As i write this message, i am yet to get any other message or a decision on my application. I have even sent several followup emails to request for the status of my application. Is there anything i can do? I need advise.

Another thing i failed to mention is that i only paid the application fee at the point of submitting my application and did not pay the RPRF. I am hoping that i will make that payment once they notify us to do so on approval of our application.

Kindly advise on what else i can do to get a decision on my application of 37 months now.

Thanks

ENA1

Sep 5, 2019
They were not convinced that i am actually working in my nomintaed occupation even though they confirm from the bank that salary was being paid by the same company. Also, there was a previous visitor visa application were where the occupation indicated was Teacher. I have explained to them that it was on partime basis (Just few hours a few) They seem to feel that a misrepresentation has taken place. I have provide enough reason and evidence to proof otherwise. My employer has also done the same.

Even if they dont believe me, i am wondering why they have not rejected my application since last year that i responded to the PFL. I need answers . Any need to pay the RPRF without being told to do so?

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
You were providing the right reference letter with your application from the beginning ??
However, I hope everything gets cleared for you as soon as possible, this is really painful i wish you the best.
Concerning RPRF, i think you can only pay the fees only after being directed to do so by them.

ENA1

Sep 5, 2019
You were providing the right reference letter with your application from the beginning ??
However, I hope everything gets cleared for you as soon as possible, this is really painful i wish you the best.
Concerning RPRF, i think you can only pay the fees only after being directed to do so by them.
Yes. Provided the right reference from the very start. Can a lawyer assist to escalte this issue? 37 months is way too long

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
This is a very weird situation to be honest, i just hope you get it all passed soon.
Concerning immigration lawyers, i have no idea about this matter, i'm sorry.

Maybe @legalfalcon can help you in your next steps.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear All,

I need advise on what i can do on my PR application. I applied some 37 months ago. IRCC had a couple of issues with my application and i even had to go attend an interview just to clarify things that was confusing to them. December 2019, they sent me a PFL for which i have responded since them. As i write this message, i am yet to get any other message or a decision on my application. I have even sent several followup emails to request for the status of my application. Is there anything i can do? I need advise.

Another thing i failed to mention is that i only paid the application fee at the point of submitting my application and did not pay the RPRF. I am hoping that i will make that payment once they notify us to do so on approval of our application.

Kindly advise on what else i can do to get a decision on my application of 37 months now.

Thanks
The RPRF will be asked when your application has cleared eligibility, or the eligibility is recommended passed.

Have your requested your GCMS notes. An immigration lawyer can definitely review your documents and let you know if there is anything that is missing. However, before you engage one, do you own due diligence and see what is happening.

ENA1

Sep 5, 2019
This is a very weird situation to be honest, i just hope you get it all passed soon.
Concerning immigration lawyers, i have no idea about this matter, i'm sorry.

Maybe @legalfalcon can help you in your next steps.
Thanks. I will reach out. Someone said the delays could also be attributed to the outstanding RPRF and thats why i asked

ENA1

Sep 5, 2019
The RPRF will be asked when your application has cleared eligibility, or the eligibility is recommended passed.

Have your requested your GCMS notes. An immigration lawyer can definitely review your documents and let you know if there is anything that is missing. However, before you engage one, do you own due diligence and see what is happening.
Thanks for your response. I recently just obtained the GCMS notes but need someone to review and advise. Below is the comments of an immigration consultant that review it:

'i have gone through the notes in detail and can see no changes to the application since the last time we applied for the notes. It states that the Application is Ready to be finalized and that the RPRF is outstanding but no requests or emails have been received to complete the RPRF.

Honestly, I am not sure how else to tackle your application any further, and recommend that you reach out to a lawyer and find out ways on how to go about taking legal action again either the Visa offer or Case Officer. I am not familiar with the process, however someone in this line of business would be able to help you. '

I certainly need a second opinion to enable me make a decision on how to proceed.