+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR after IEC visa ideas?

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
I am currently working on getting a Young professional visa for a company I have not worked for before, to replace my visitor visa.
I have already spent 2 years in Canada (1 year Working holiday, the past year in an out on visitor visas) and am 100% sure I want to
continue living here in the future.
Wondering how to go about it to work towards PR asap?
The work I will be doing is in Food and beverage and I do not have any qualifications as I have only finished high school and then worked in hospitality. I know I had a co worker when I was working at Starbucks who used the hours she had worked there towards a PR application, does anyone know what that could have been? I know the different options there are just not sure which one she would have used, as they didnt sponsor her or give her a work invitation, and its not a job she continued to work at.

Any ideas appreciated!
Thanks

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jvid23 said:
I am currently working on getting a Young professional visa for a company I have not worked for before, to replace my visitor visa.
I have already spent 2 years in Canada (1 year Working holiday, the past year in an out on visitor visas) and am 100% sure I want to
continue living here in the future.
Wondering how to go about it to work towards PR asap?
The work I will be doing is in Food and beverage and I do not have any qualifications as I have only finished high school and then worked in hospitality. I know I had a co worker when I was working at Starbucks who used the hours she had worked there towards a PR application, does anyone know what that could have been? I know the different options there are just not sure which one she would have used, as they didnt sponsor her or give her a work invitation, and its not a job she continued to work at.

Any ideas appreciated!
Thanks
Without any skilled work experience, it truly will be tough. Express entry is unlikely, have you worked out your NOC?

Provincial nomination might be an option, a couple of them have a semi-skilled stream.

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
ozlis said:
Without any skilled work experience, it truly will be tough. Express entry is unlikely, have you worked out your NOC?

Provincial nomination might be an option, a couple of them have a semi-skilled stream.
NOC is skill level B, if thats what you meant? (food service supervisor)
Ok Ill have a look at that, thanks! It says that one of the steps includes Express entry however (for Express Entry only—if you meet the minimum criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs covered by Express Entry.) and I wouldnt have high enough points for the normal minimum...

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jvid23 said:
NOC is skill level B, if thats what you meant? (food service supervisor)
Ok Ill have a look at that, thanks! It says that one of the steps includes Express entry however (for Express Entry only—if you meet the minimum criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs covered by Express Entry.) and I wouldnt have high enough points for the normal minimum...
If you are level B NOC then you might be able to apply for a couple of the PNP's, just depends who is open and what the requirements will be.

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
ozlis said:
If you are level B NOC then you might be able to apply for a couple of the PNP's, just depends who is open and what the requirements will be.
Awesome thanks!