+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR without medicals

sherman

Sep 10, 2008
My friend received his PPR before receiving medical papers. After a week of submitting his Passport to CHC, he recd medical forms with a deadline of 60 days. How he can go for medicals when his passport is with CHC? Also, is it a mistake by CHC to request for passport before medicals?

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
that seems strange but it maybe plausible. If the CIC office has a doubt based on security check concerning an applicant, it would seem an excellent strategy to ask for passport before sending medical forms. Why? Well the PP will show all countries earlier visited and duration of visits which can be matched to application forms and background checks. Of course this is simply a way to explain why this happened. The other answer might simply be the CIC office screwed up!

sherman

Sep 10, 2008
Thanks qbanky for your reply. I also think that CHC may need to check something which is not clear or legible in photocopies of passport thats why they asked for original. But after a week, they released medicals. Problem here is that passport is still with them so my friend can not go for medicals.Concerning the dateds of travel, that they can check with the photocopies of passport which were asked in updating documents reuest earlier.

sherman

Sep 10, 2008
Dear qbanky

One more clarification. Releasing medicals indicate that he is qualified 67 pass marks. Am I right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, they would not ask for medicals unless they had otherwise approved him. Does he really need a passport to have the medicals? I don't remember having needed it for mine.

gjp

Star Member
Feb 15, 2008
Yes, I did my medicals four months back and they asked for my passport for verification.

sherman

Sep 10, 2008
Thanks all senior members for their reply. Kindly advise, if any other identity proof can be used for medicals apart from Passport?

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
National ID, drivers license are all valid IDs
just inform the medical provider and explain your PP is with CIC