+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR from USA - Please help

kulkarninik4

Apr 8, 2019
Hi All. Me and my wife are Indian citizens with US born son. I got the PPR email and need help on the 2 questions below

1. DO I need to provide photos of my son as well even if he is a US citizen? He is 11 months old
  2. What's the process of generating commercial invoice from Fedex. Do we need to do only on the day I send the documents or can I do it in advance? Can anyone help me understand this process in general?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi All. Me and my wife are Indian citizens with US born son. I got the PPR email and need help on the 2 questions below

1. DO I need to provide photos of my son as well even if he is a US citizen? He is 11 months old
  2. What's the process of generating commercial invoice from Fedex. Do we need to do only on the day I send the documents or can I do it in advance? Can anyone help me understand this process in general?
1.) Yes, they will need the photos for the COPR which will be later used for the PR Card.
2.) You can create a label online using a Fedex account. You can do it in advance as well. Create two labels, one for sending the passports to Canada and the other as a return label. There are many threads on this forum addressing this issue.

kulkarninik4

Apr 8, 2019
Thanks maverick for your reply. As with any of these paperwork there is always some anxiety and the level of perfection that it demands only adds to it. I tried looking for similar case as mine but it's a maze out there.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Thanks maverick for your reply. As with any of these paperwork there is always some anxiety and the level of perfection that it demands only adds to it. I tried looking for similar case as mine but it's a maze out there.
I can understand! But don't worry, it is not as hard as it seems. ;)

Good luck!

kulkarninik4

Apr 8, 2019
So the good news it that the Passport went to the CPCO smoothly, the bad news is that my photos got rejected. Everything was correct as per the specifications but still got rejected. I am based in Michigan and wondering where should I take the pictures from so that they wont get rejected

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
So the good news it that the Passport went to the CPCO smoothly, the bad news is that my photos got rejected. Everything was correct as per the specifications but still got rejected. I am based in Michigan and wondering where should I take the pictures from so that they wont get rejected
From where did you get your photos taken? And how do you have to submit the new photos now?

kulkarninik4

Apr 8, 2019
Yup, Got them rejected again. I have no clue and these people are making me angry. They dont even tell as to what is the fault in the pictures so that we can correct them. Any clues what needs to be done?

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Yup, Got them rejected again. I have no clue and these people are making me angry. They dont even tell as to what is the fault in the pictures so that we can correct them. Any clues what needs to be done?
Hey, what did you do wrt photographs?
I’m US based and in the same boat as yours? Walgreens\CVS have std size photos for Canada PP and no one is ready to mention the address behind the photographs .
What did you do? Did you hand write it?
How did the size fit in with the required specification??

Any leads will be appreciated

Thankyou
Neha

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
Hi @Maverick28

I recently received PPR on April 14th (AOR: Dec 2020) and I need to send the passports to CPC Ottawa within a month.

I have a few queries regarding the passport submission process as listed below:

1. While my wife and I hold Indian passports, my kid has a US passport. Should we send the original passports for my wife & me and photocopy of the passport bio page for the kid?
2. Should we put the required documents for all 3 of us in one single package? Also, should we mention all 3 names in Annex A or just my name (principal applicant)?
3. I was trying to create onward and return shipping labels through FedEx online account. It's not allowing me to write the entire second line of CPCO address: "US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports" due to size constraint. Could anyone please confirm what should be done here?
4. Should I paste the return label on the return envelope or keep the label inside the return envelope? What about the commercial invoice for return label?
5. I saw some US based people sending their passports to NY / LA VAC instead of CPC Ottawa. Is there a way to change it to a location within the US?

Appreciate your inputs and guidance!