+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR TO COPR DELAY MARCH 2020 (CEC INLAND)

Rosethequeen1

Apr 21, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
Today I received the email confirmation of permanent residence. Weird I received my husbands email on cic email account and family emails on the other email account... however all went well.. Received COPR may 7 waited until today june 18 for the email asking to send COPR with photo to Etobicoque. Hope this info helps...Timeline ....Good luck to everyone!

Rosethequeen1

Apr 21, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
I have a question for the ones that received Copr by mail... one copy came with a photo... now they are asking me to send one of the copies to Etobicoke for pr card and a photo... should I send then the same Copr that came with the photo? Or should I keep that one with my copy and take another photo to send?? It is very confusing to me....if someone already have been through this and got pr card Please guide me...

Andrew85

Apr 14, 2020
Hi All,

Wondering about processing differences of people from visa waiver countries vs. those who sent physical passports. Most recent posts seem to be those who sent passports.

How many of you from visa waiver countries that don’t send your original passport have got good news?

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Hi All,

Wondering about processing differences of people from visa waiver countries vs. those who sent physical passports. Most recent posts seem to be those who sent passports.

How many of you from visa waiver countries that don’t send your original passport have got good news?
As of last week, it doesn't seem like anyone who sent passport copies (on this forum) has had their PRs processed . See the last few pages in this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-delivered-at-cpc-ottawa-and-waiting-for-copr-come-in-here-keep-each-other-updated.683301/page-78

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
As of last week, it doesn't seem like anyone who sent passport copies (on this forum) has had their PRs processed . See the last few pages in this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-delivered-at-cpc-ottawa-and-waiting-for-copr-come-in-here-keep-each-other-updated.683301/page-78
I think I read somewhere of a person getting the copies send back with no additional info or instructions.

Its a new week so hopefully we get some news or updates.

Martin 87

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi guys,

Did anyone receive their PR card after sending their COPR and photo to the IRCC center in Etobicoke or Hamilton as per the email instructions?
Tell us your timeline?

Thanks
I have the same question. It has been 10 days since I sent the requirements!
I saw only one person in this forum who got his card in 2 weeks period.
Hoping someone else could share his experience.

Reactions: Ibrahim1987

Ibrahim1987

May 27, 2020
If anyone was able to get the PR issued after sending their COPR and photo to the IRCC center in Etobicoke or Hamilton as per the email instructions? Please share your timeline

Reactions: Martin 87

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
I have the same question. It has been 10 days since I sent the requirements!
I saw only one person in this forum who got his card in 2 weeks period.
Hoping someone else could share his experience.
Please tell me what type of CoPR have you sent? Hard copy received by post mail or confirmation of CoPR received via your profile in canada.ca?
Should we wait original signed CoPR or this letter from profile is enough?

Our type of letter is here.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada IRCC Winnipeg-PR Landing Photo
Unit 400 – 269 Main Street
Winnipeg, MB
R3C 1B2

Date: June 25, 2020

UCI: ххххххххх

CoPR Document #: TХХХХХХХ
Name

Dear ххххххххххх, I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
and etc

Thanks

Martin 87

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I didn't receive hard copies
I printed the letter that they sent me by email (similar to the one you received) and I sent photos with it.
The address is mentioned above in the letter.

Reactions: Jdunchik