+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR TO COPR DELAY MARCH 2020 (CEC INLAND)

Alisha786

Jun 19, 2019
There will be no ppr
There will be no copr
There will be no landing either on border or at ircc canada place
Direct pr document will be granted due to the covid- 19 situation, which will be a copr and pr and you will get pr card just by sending that document to the local ircc office, thats what happened with us and one of my friend
Hi, where were you able to get this information from? I tried calling but they are always busy.

yongeandreid

Apr 30, 2020
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we all get an update soon. We are a family of 4, US citizens applied under CEC inland
AOR: September 4
Med update: Oct 2nd
PPR Received: March 4
Confirmed delivery to CIC Ottawa: March 21 (delayed turn around as we'd just filed for our son's passport renewal, bad timing all around).

No update to our application since PPR. Our work/visitor records expire 5/30 so we filed for BOWP/visitor extensions which seems counterproductive to just add more to the backlog instead of just focusing on clearing inland apps or maybe giving implied status to inland applicants with COPR or PPR letter due to covid processing/interview delays. Oh well. Hopefully our PR is finalized before the 120 day estimated turn around on processing extensions and we can withdraw and get our extension fees..

Best of luck hopefully processing picks up soon for everyone!

jsidhu1

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
There will be no ppr
There will be no copr
Direct pr document will be granted due to the covid- 19 situation, which will be a copr and pr and you will get pr card just by sending that document to the local ircc office, thats what happened with us and one of my friend
Hello, Same thing is happening to me. No PPR.
Just a message on MAY 20,2020 in my cic account about CoPR document number. No actual pdf document was sent to me.
Please let me know whats gonna be next? and how did you get CoPR document via mail or email.
Thanks

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hello, Same thing is happening to me. No PPR.
Just a message on MAY 20,2020 in my cic account about CoPR document number. No actual pdf document was sent to me.
Please let me know whats gonna be next? and how did you get CoPR document via mail or email.
Thanks
good to know congrats bro

what is your timeline(AOR MEP BIO dates)

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT

meinmarco

May 26, 2020
anyone sending your CoPR to Etobicoke office and the documents got delivered? I sent them 2 weeks ago and they are being held at UPS for pickup and IRCC office hasn't picked it up yet. I'm so worried now.

meinmarco

May 26, 2020
There will be no ppr
There will be no copr
same here. I was requested to send my copr to get PR card, but the issue is my documents has not been delivered yet. was requested to be picked up (assuming by the IRCC offfice) but they haven't been picked up for a week... did your friend get their documents delivered successfully?

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Has anyone who sent passport copy around early March gotten copr or email to say they are now permanent residents? It seems like I’m stuck in some sort of limbo :(

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Has anyone who sent passport copy around early March gotten copr or email to say they are now permanent residents? It seems like I’m stuck in some sort of limbo :(
Unfortunately, I'm still in the same boat.

It seems like people who sent passport copies are stuck in the printing que and forgotten.:(

I really hope they call our cases to mind and deal with them.

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Unfortunately, I'm still in the same boat.

It seems like people who sent passport copies are stuck in the printing que and forgotten.:(

I really hope they call our cases to mind and deal with them.
I don't think we are forgotten. It makes sense to prioritize processing of cases where physical passports were sent, especially since there's no way of doing an actual landing now anyways.

I'm curious if anyone who sent a passport copy have contacted IRCC or CPC Ottawa regarding case status? I'm holding off because I don't want to burden them.

VivekCanPR

Apr 19, 2020
I received a phone call to verify my status and my family details (if we are inland applicants and everyone is in Canada). Then he said he is approving my case. Received PR confirmation letter :)
Passport sent on 16th Mar and reached Ottawa office on 18th Mar.
Finally things worked. Good luck to others who are waiting.