+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR TO COPR DELAY MARCH 2020 (CEC INLAND)

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Good news! Tracking with passports From Ottawa on its way activated last night!
PPR March 12
Passports received Ottawa March 16
CIC approved status changed MAY 7
May 12 9:15pm tracking activated Ottawa
May 13 7:00am Missisagua
9:00am East York...
Almost home... Toronto
Woot woot! Happy for u Queen!

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hello @victor101 Did you hear anything on how to get PR after receiving COPR for people who are residing in Canada? Also, do you know if we can do flag poling now?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Hi @didnotfind,

I only got a generic response from my web form inquiry maybe because my COPR validity is until Sept 2020. We are still not allowed to do flagpoling that's why I'm still waiting for reopening of the border or until further notice.

This is the reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.

• Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE):
    • due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a POE to validate your COPR,
    • travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
  • Appointment at a local IRCC office:
    • all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until further notice,
    • local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
  • What happens next?
    • maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker),
    • we invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Reactions: Wallyb and stf5564

bhattya

Jun 13, 2014
Guys, anyone received PPR recently ? My estimated timeline was April 3rd. shows 100% complete but no information yet.

Andrew85

Apr 14, 2020
There doesn’t seem to be a lot happening. Perhaps I was too optimistic that they’d clear the COPR backlog in a few weeks from when processing resumed.

Now it’s been 4 weeks since the first person said they’d started processing again.

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
There doesn’t seem to be a lot happening. Perhaps I was too optimistic that they’d clear the COPR backlog in a few weeks from when processing resumed.

Now it’s been 4 weeks since the first person said they’d started processing again.
They are definitely still processing passports, but at a very slow rate. The good thing is that the backlog is only getting smaller so it's just a matter of time until they get to the rest of us who have been waiting since early March.

Andrew85

Apr 14, 2020
They are definitely still processing passports, but at a very slow rate. The good thing is that the backlog is only getting smaller so it's just a matter of time until they get to the rest of us who have been waiting since early March.
Presumably they’ll clear us all before sending any more PPR emails? Certainly hope so anyway.

Would really like to know what percentage of the backlog is left

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Presumably they’ll clear us all before sending any more PPR emails? Certainly hope so anyway.

Would really like to know what percentage of the backlog is left
I'm guessing that if they were to start sending out PPRs again then at that point they'd also ramp up the processing for COPRs so I don't think it would be much risk of getting stuck in a queue.

sharma91

Nov 25, 2019
I'm guessing that if they were to start sending out PPRs again then at that point they'd also ramp up the processing for COPRs so I don't think it would be much risk of getting stuck in a queue.
There will be no ppr
There will be no copr
There will be no landing either on border or at ircc canada place
Direct pr document will be granted due to the covid- 19 situation, which will be a copr and pr and you will get pr card just by sending that document to the local ircc office, thats what happened with us and one of my friend