+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR TO COPR DELAY MARCH 2020 (CEC INLAND)

JoeyDi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Yeah, they've officially been holding my passport for 2 months as of today, so yeah we are all in the situation lol

marianarakel

May 11, 2020
Hello everyone! I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks and now decided to register.
We sent our passports on March 13th and Ottawa received them on March 16th. Still waiting. We also are doing this through a representative so the only thing we can view online is "Decision Made". It's been like that for months. I don't even know if the "Approved" thing it's supposed to appear there or if it will simply stay the same until the end of times. We are a family of three and inland applicants... Wishing we all get good news soon!

Rosethequeen1

Apr 21, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
Hello everyone! I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks and now decided to register.
We sent our passports on March 13th and Ottawa received them on March 16th. Still waiting. We also are doing this through a representative so the only thing we can view online is "Decision Made". It's been like that for months. I don't even know if the "Approved" thing it's supposed to appear there or if it will simply stay the same until the end of times. We are a family of three and inland applicants... Wishing we all get good news soon!

You will get good news soon! Check your cic I bet your application is approved... I had same timeline as you ... inland 5 dependants and got approved last may 7... waiting for my passports back

Reactions: marianarakel

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
hi, guys. we got PPR 8 March, submitted main inland applicant's passport to VO Ottawa and still no news. In our application three dependents outland. Just wondering, those who have their passports came back from Ottawa recently are you all inland with your dependents or may be you have similar situation - main applicant inland and dependents outland.

The reason I ask this is in CIC site quote: "Offices in the Centralized and Domestic Networks will continue to process permanent residence applications where the principal applicant is in Canada and has overseas dependants, taking into account the delays that may occur. The principal applicant should not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependants cannot travel. Clients will be contacted to ascertain next steps once travel is possible again"

So, I suppose, the delay in our case is likely to be connected with this provision due to dependents residing outland. Your responses can help a lot to understand.

Thank you in advance:)

atulgoel85

Jul 16, 2019
Good news! Tracking with passports From Ottawa on its way activated last night!
PPR March 12
Passports received Ottawa March 16
CIC approved status changed MAY 7
May 12 9:15pm tracking activated Ottawa
May 13 7:00am Missisagua
9:00am East York...
Almost home... Toronto
Hi, I just a small question to ask. Did you wrote your address in TO field of return envelope?

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Look at all these lucky people out here lol.
Some of us are here like:oops:
The number of people reporting their status here and on the trackers are likely just a small % of the total number of people. There's a whole bunch of people waiting for 2+ months to get their approvals. Just be happy that they are processing applications at all right now. Besides, what's the rush to get your COPR? Unless you absolutely need your passport back for urgent travel, there's probably not a ton you can do right now anyway to affect your landing.

Skutty89

Dec 1, 2019
Hi,
I have the same dates as you. And still waiting to receive passports back.
Hope to receive it sooner. Feeling very anxious as there is no update in the CIC account too. File is still in "submitted" status.

Reactions: marianarakel