+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Requested - 2 passports (help)

alfredo_245

Feb 8, 2015
Hi everyone,

I just got PPR today. :)

When I applied to PR I used a passport that expires in Nov 2015. After applying I renewed the passport (actually I got a new one with a different number). I still kept the old passport because I have a US Visa there.

CIC contacted me last week asking me to update my application with copies of my new passport. I did. Today I got PPR. My question is...

Should I send CIC only my new passport or should I send them both of them just in case?

Thanks to everyone!

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
alfredo_245 said:
Hi everyone,

When I applied to PR I used a passport that expires in Nov 2015. After applying I renewed the passport (actually I got a new one with a different number). I still kept the old passport because I have a US Visa there.

CIC contacted me last week asking me to update my application with copies of my new passport. I did. Today I got PPR. My question is...

Should I send CIC only my new passport or should I send them both of them just in case?

Thanks to everyone!
Congrats on your PPR :) I think only latest valid passport is enough.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
alfredo_245 said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone!
If you are worried, send a letter with your latest passport with copy of old one and explain this in that letter. Though i doubt that there would be any problem even if you nust send your latest one.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alfredo_245 said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone!
Your old passport is not valid anymore since you have a new one, You have already updated your record with CIC so your new one should be fine. Congrats on your PPR

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Sending both passports should also be fine.
They will see the cancelled stamp in the old passport

willpower7

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
File Transfer...
10th March 2016 (NDVO)
Passport Req..
19th April 2016
alfredo_245 said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone!
Congratulations.... All the very best :)

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alfredo_245 said:
Thanks guys I appreciate the quick response. Yes, I think I'll just send the new one.
I had pretty much the same situation. I sent them the new one for PPR. Seems to be going fine since they just updated myCIC to Approved. They already have the records of your old passport anyway (through photocopies).