+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR request & Passport expiry date

Rimshaj

Jan 20, 2022
PLEASE HELP ( URGENT)
I am in a similar situation , i got my ppr for old passport. Meawhile it was expiring and got a renew passport . I have submitted my renewed passport without informing IRCC through webform and havent sent any copy of old passport. Its been 12 business days I haven’t received my passport. I am afraid that they will not stamp visa on my new passport and its taking so long . Anyone of you have any idea what will happen next? My lawyer says they will not stamp visa. If they will not stamp visa why is it taking so long ?

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
PLEASE HELP ( URGENT)
I am in a similar situation , i got my ppr for old passport. Meawhile it was expiring and got a renew passport . I have submitted my renewed passport without informing IRCC through webform and havent sent any copy of old passport. Its been 12 business days I haven’t received my passport. I am afraid that they will not stamp visa on my new passport and its taking so long . Anyone of you have any idea what will happen next? My lawyer says they will not stamp visa. If they will not stamp visa why is it taking so long ?
If I were you, I would have informed IRCC ASAP. Raise webform to both Canada and the office in where you live. Inform them of the new passport and attach scanned copies.

behi68

Jul 22, 2022
We made a new passport for my wife after PPR. Just consider that you'll be given only a month to submit your passports, so the question is how long will it normally take for your country of citizenship to issue you a new passport? If it takes more than a month, then I suggest that you have your passport renewed before PPR. In our case, our embassy (we were not living in our home country) takes 2-3 days to issue a new passport. And generally, changing a passport is really not that big of a deal and you can always change it while waiting for your PPR. All you need to do after making a new passport is to raise and webform and inform IRCC by sending them a scanned copy of your old and new passports.

Good luck
Hello, may I know whether you informed ircc after passport renewal also? Even after getting ppr. Or u just submitted the new passport along with the old one for the visa?

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hello, may I know whether you informed ircc after passport renewal also? Even after getting ppr. Or u just submitted the new passport along with the old one for the visa?
Hello Bro....Need urgent help i applied through my old passport as it was expiring i renewed it and sent it to IRCC through webform 1 month before my PPR explaining them that my old passport is expiring and kindly update the new one now I have submitted my passport but I am worried that will they create any sure or not??

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
New Delhi.
Hello Bro....Need urgent help i applied through my old passport as it was expiring i renewed it and sent it to IRCC through webform 1 month before my PPR explaining them that my old passport is expiring and kindly update the new one now I have submitted my passport but I am worried that will they create any sure or not??On my GC key it is showing the new passport number but the expiry date is of the old passport...Really worried

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hi Femiii, the new Passport was stamped!
Hello ....Need urgent help i applied through my old passport as it was expiring i renewed it and sent it to IRCC through webform 1 month before my PPR explaining them that my old passport is expiring and kindly update the new one now I have submitted my passport but I am worried that will they create any issue or not??Today on my GC key it is showing the new passport number but the expiry date is of the old passport...Really worried