+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR request from CHC London and have 45 days

Ricky

Jan 5, 2011
I received E-mail from chc london on 16th Dec and I have 45 days for the visa stamping.
Questions are:-

1. 45 days are working days or flat count from 16th dec 2010.

As We have applied for tourist visa for UK. I am afraid that last deadline will be pased. what would you recommend can I get extension from CHC London for another month and meantime look or someone who is going to London.

2. what are the other alternatives for Visa stamping

Many Thanks

Ricky

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Ricky said:
I received E-mail from chc london on 16th Dec and I have 45 days for the visa stamping.

As We have applied for tourist visa for UK. I am afraid that last deadline will be pased. what would you recommend can I get extension from CHC London for another month and meantime look or someone who is going to London.

Many Thanks

Ricky
Ricky,

45 days are calendar days, i.e flat straight days, not business days.

There are no other means for stamping other than your VO. no other VO can stamp it for you.

Look, don't waste this very precious chance, asking for an extension carries ungauaranteed consequences and risks.

Good luck on whatever decision you make.

Cheers!

RDK

Dec 31, 2010
Hello my friend.

I am in the same situation as you. I sent the embassy an email requesting for an extension. However the response I got, just last nite, saying i copuld not have an extension so have to re-do my medicals and police checks.
For me, the embassy asked my to pick by the 25th Of Jan as my medicals expire on the 12 of Feb. But due to work obligations and other commitments i needed to give notice period of at least 2 months. The embassy wasnt welling to give me even 1 months extension so as i dont re-do my medicals.

In your case, if your medicals are still valid, you could get an extension for when to present your passports for visa issuance. Just get intouch with the embassy.

John

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Ricky said:

Many Thanks

Ricky
Why don't you send your passports by courier? like many applicants do

Ricky

Jan 5, 2011
NS said:
Where are you currently residing?
I am in Punjab India nowdays. I just received my passports yesterday and just booked tickets for 25th Jan for visa stamping.

Ricky

Jan 5, 2011
Dear All

Thank you very much. I just received my UK visas yesterday and Now i have booked my tickets to UK via Turkmenistan airlines from Amritsar to UK. I appreciate your concerns so did not took the risk of extension. my medical was done on 5th july 2010. So i suppose it is still valid.

If anyone want to send their passports for the stamping. they need to make a authorization lettter for me to carry the passports and present it for visa stamping.

Regards

Ricky

Ricky

Jan 5, 2011
Mezo2009 said:
Ricky,

45 days are calendar days, i.e flat straight days, not business days.

There are no other means for stamping other than your VO. no other VO can stamp it for you.

Look, don't waste this very precious chance, asking for an extension carries ungauaranteed consequences and risks.

Good luck on whatever decision you make.

Cheers!
Thank you. I think you are right and I will be travelling to UK for Visa stamping on 25th jan.

thanks mate.

much appreciated
ricky

Ricky

Jan 5, 2011
RDK said:
Hello my friend.

I am in the same situation as you. I sent the embassy an email requesting for an extension. However the response I got, just last nite, saying i copuld not have an extension so have to re-do my medicals and police checks.
For me, the embassy asked my to pick by the 25th Of Jan as my medicals expire on the 12 of Feb. But due to work obligations and other commitments i needed to give notice period of at least 2 months. The embassy wasnt welling to give me even 1 months extension so as i dont re-do my medicals.

In your case, if your medicals are still valid, you could get an extension for when to present your passports for visa issuance. Just get intouch with the embassy.

John
John thanks for saring your concerns.

I just received Visa for UK for which I will be traveling to UK for Stamping. You can authorize someone to do this visa stamping for you. They can carry your passports to the Canadian high commission and get it stamped for you. It will take two weeks time.

Regards

Ricky

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ricky said:
John thanks for saring your concerns.

I just received Visa for UK for which I will be traveling to UK for Stamping. You can authorize someone to do this visa stamping for you. They can carry your passports to the Canadian high commission and get it stamped for you. It will take two weeks time.

Regards

Ricky
ricky do you know is it necessary to travel to uk to get visa stamped??

were you living in uk before or just going to uk for this purpose??

did you apply from uk for your immigration??

thanks

Ricky

Jan 5, 2011
pittabread said:
ricky do you know is it necessary to travel to uk to get visa stamped??

were you living in uk before or just going to uk for this purpose??

did you apply from uk for your immigration??

thanks
Hello Dear

Well As I have Indian Passport and acording to Indian givt (As It says in the passport booklet) you cannot post your passports across international borders. and trust me customs in India are good at locating passports in package. You can apply to ministry of external affairs to get NOC for sending your passport. ( I have no idea how long will that take?)

Yes I used to live in UK when I applied for Canadian Immigration as Skilled worker.

And this time around I am only going to UK for Visa Stamping.

regards

Ricky

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
Ricky said:
Hello Dear

Well As I have Indian Passport and acording to Indian givt (As It says in the passport booklet) you cannot post your passports across international borders. and trust me customs in India are good at locating passports in package. You can apply to ministry of external affairs to get NOC for sending your passport. ( I have no idea how long will that take?)

Yes I used to live in UK when I applied for Canadian Immigration as Skilled worker.

And this time around I am only going to UK for Visa Stamping.

regards

Ricky
Hi Ricky, as I'm planing on doing the same, however I live in Dubai do you have any idea how to get to the Canadian High embassy using public transportaion, and what would be the best place to stay in London so I'll be close to Embassy.
Regards; Sihs

Ricky

Jan 5, 2011
Sihs said:
Hi Ricky, as I'm planing on doing the same, however I live in Dubai do you have any idea how to get to the Canadian High embassy using public transportaion, and what would be the best place to stay in London so I'll be close to Embassy.
Regards; Sihs
I beleive the best place obviously will be staying with some friends or otherwise Housnlow which is nearer to Heathrow airport will be best option. You can look up for cheap bed and breakfast In london. CAMDEN TOWN in central london offers cheap accomodation and will be very lively place. You can look up for hostels and B&B in Camden Town.

I have my booking with Shalimar Hotels in Housnlow for £45 Per Night, you can go for cheaper single bed accomodation room.

Transport for London Website will tell you the quicker way otherwise Tube services are the best in London.

Ricky

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
Ricky said:
I beleive the best place obviously will be staying with some friends or otherwise Housnlow which is nearer to Heathrow airport will be best option. You can look up for cheap bed and breakfast In london. CAMDEN TOWN in central london offers cheap accomodation and will be very lively place. You can look up for hostels and B&B in Camden Town.

I have my booking with Shalimar Hotels in Housnlow for £45 Per Night, you can go for cheaper single bed accomodation room.

Transport for London Website will tell you the quicker way otherwise Tube services are the best in London.

Ricky

Thanks for the info Ricky, will check it up, as I was looking at hotels near heathrow airport, but a bit pricy, so will check Camden town.
Regards;
Sihs