+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ppr request 60 days--can I delay passport submission?

raool

Nov 8, 2009
Hello. FairWay..Yes you are right...only I did a stupid mistake of telling my employer I would go in summers next year and took up a project myself....initially thought passport courier is the option...as I couriered other docs..what the hell..i put myself into this...now the only way out seems asking for an extension...

swatoo...I checked with all courier agencies...no one is taking indian passports...its against the law..they say..

Guys...anybody has written an extension letter like this (citing other reasons)..kindly post it....I need a sample to write my letter...

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raool do keep us posted of any developments. I too might be in a similar position soon.

smiley111

Oct 14, 2009
@ raaol....

an example of extension letter : (FYi: i got more 60 days extension)
But still I cannot figure out how to send passport across if anyone has suggestions do let me know
1) Canadian/USA embassy did not granted me with tourist visa.
2) courier is illegal
3) to send with someone- (though ur passport says its kinda legal., but read ur blog and now i m confused. I dont feel great doing that, how risky it is ?

Or anyone has other suggestion for sending my passport from India to USA/Canada?

Thanks

Dear Immigration Officer:

RE: Name: xxox xooxoox

File # B0000000 (MYS)

P.D.O.B.: City, Country; Date of birth

CITIZENSHIP: Republic of India

Application for Permanent Residence - Federal Skilled Workers: REQUEST TO EXTEND PASSPORT DELIVERY DEADLINE

We are the paid representatives for the above-mentioned matter. We have contacted your previously (e-mail on October 00, 2009 and Fax on October 00) on this matter but have not yet had a reply. We ask you to extend Ms/MR. XYZ's deadline for delivering her passport to your Consulate for immigration Visa. Ms/MR. XYZ's has an appointment with the US Embassy in New Delhi on October 00 to obtain a temporary resident visa to travel to New York to deliver her passport to you. He/She had previously (on October 0, 2009) applied to the Canadian Embassy in New Delhi for a temporary resident visa to travel to Canada in order to be in a position to forward her passport to you from Canada. However, on October 0, 2009 the Canadian Embassy in New Delhi declined his/her visa request on the grounds that they could not be certain that she would return to India when her visa expired. October 00, 2009 was the earliest date she could then obtain for a Visa appointment at the US Embassy. The government of India makes it illegal for their passports to be mailed or couriered out of the country by third parties. And this has been our dilemma all along. For this reason we ask that you allow us an extension of one month to allow Ms/MR. XYZ's time to hopefully obtain a visa from the US Embassy in New Delhi.

I am attaching our previous correspondence to you as well us the Use of Representative form. Could you please get back to us with help on this matter at your earliest possible convenience since we are concerned about the approaching deadline. Please understand that once the Canadian Embassy refused Ms/MR. XYZ's the temporary visa, she applied to the US embassy and October 00 is the earliest appointment that she could get. The delay was not of our making. We thank your for your quick cooperation on this matter, and of course, on your understanding.

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Guys any update on sending and receiving passports from India to USA for stamping ?

Already sent passports for stmping to USA and got the stamping done at Buffalo. Now I don't know how to get the stamped passports back home.

Do the Fedex or UPS accepts passports from USA to India ?

mig2can

Jan 29, 2010
Newceo,

Finally what did u do?

Any luck? Pls. share ur experience as it would benefit many others.

Thanks...

deme7683

Mar 17, 2010
Hi All,

Sending Indian passport out of any country is illegal. By post or by courier or by any person (even if you give a authorization letter). I called up my friend who runs his own travel agency and he confirmed this. I beleive if somebody is caught in the airport carrying others passport he will be in trouble and the passport he/she carrying will be revoked. All the visa will be invalid and Indian govt will not issue a new passport unless the matter is settled in the court. If you are in a foreign country already then you might have to be deported.

I have written my situation to Canadian Consulate and I will wait. I have also written to Indian consulate and offcourse as expected they have not replied. Hoping atleast Candian Government officials are different.

Thanks All. I will surely update when I get any response fron CHC, ND.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

deme7683 said:
Hi All,

Sending Indian passport out of any country is illegal. By post or by courier or by any person (even if you give a authorization letter). I called up my friend who runs his own travel agency and he confirmed this. I beleive if somebody is caught in the airport carrying others passport he will be in trouble and the passport he/she carrying will be revoked. All the visa will be invalid and Indian govt will not issue a new passport unless the matter is settled in the court. If you are in a foreign country already then you might have to be deported.

I have written my situation to Canadian Consulate and I will wait. I have also written to Indian consulate and offcourse as expected they have not replied. Hoping atleast Candian Government officials are different.

Thanks All. I will surely update when I get any response fron CHC, ND.
Sorry you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Indian passports can't be mailed in or out of India. From Canada to the US is fine. 100's of people have authorized people to transport their passports to and from India for "visa stamping" The CHC New Delhi doesn't care, read the web site. It is your problem on passport submissions.

PMM