+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR regular procedure?

ardonn1

Aug 15, 2015
Hello,

I'm sorry to make a thread for this but it's 3am and I just can't find a specific answer.

We did outland PR application, I live in Toronto, my common law is in South Korea. We received PPR today (30 days to reply) and from what I have seen this usually means we are approved? Can anyone confirm this?

The more curious thing is would it be logical for my common law to send me the documents in Toronto and I mail them to Ottawa? It says you can get instructions if you don't have a mailing address in Canada or US but I can't seem to find an answer for what people usually do. Is this logical that my common law sends me her photocopy of passport, her 2 photos, the annex page, and I mail them from Toronto to Ottawa?

Sorry for the new thread, just want to get this done and hope to be approved lol.

Thanks so much.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Ppr generally means approved. There should be wording that says if you and all your dependants are in canada mail to cpc ottawa. Otherwise your partner needs to send the passport through the local VAC. There is a link on the ppr that will list where they are

ardonn1

Aug 15, 2015
Hmm.

Our application is in Manila. I guess the confusing part really is "mailing address". I live and have a condo in Toronto so clearly I have met this requirement. However the photo requirements mean that she would have to send me the photos as I cannot get them here (since she is in Korea). I'm not seeing the link however.

I basically have the option to mail to Ottawa, or email for instructions on where to mail the passport photocopy.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hmm.

Our application is in Manila. I guess the confusing part really is "mailing address". I live and have a condo in Toronto so clearly I have met this requirement. However the photo requirements mean that she would have to send me the photos as I cannot get them here (since she is in Korea). I'm not seeing the link however.

I basically have the option to mail to Ottawa, or email for instructions on where to mail the passport photocopy.
Call the IRCC call center and sort it out soon. Yes, you may have to spend about an hour on the call. But you have waited so long...
All the best.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
So your wife is being sponsored amd DOES NOT live in canada. She HAS to send the passport and photos from manila

Reactions: Canadian.In.NZ.

ardonn1

Aug 15, 2015
Yes,

She lives in Korea (outland application). She forwarded me copies and I sent them to Ottawa since it takes about 10 days for them to get an email back for PPR. (only took 3 days for her documents to come here, then 1 day to get them to Ottawa)

We can always submit another copy to Manila if that turns out to he the correct way I suppose. I didn't know there was a number we could even call I will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas.

This is what was in our letter if it's helpful. Seems like we may have already did the right thing:

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR
DOCUMENTS.

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I believe You shouldnt have sent them
To ottawa. Ottawa will stamp those for people who are CURRENTLY in canada.

I dont believe korea is a visa exempt country therefor they will need the PHYSICAL passport. I have a feeling you prolonged the process by doing this.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
I believe You shouldnt have sent them
To ottawa. Ottawa will stamp those for people who are CURRENTLY in canada.

I dont believe korea is a visa exempt country therefor they will need the PHYSICAL passport. I have a feeling you prolonged the process by doing this.
The Republic of Korea (South Korea) is a visa-exempt country. Ottawa also issues COPR to some outland applicants who applied from outside Canada. For instance, all outland applicants from the US (American citizens AND non-American citizens) are all being issued their COPR from Ottawa.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The Republic of Korea (South Korea) is a visa-exempt country. Ottawa also issues COPR to some outland applicants who applied from outside Canada. For instance, all outland applicants from the US (American citizens AND non-American citizens) are all being issued their COPR from Ottawa.
The US is an exception, as Ottawa is actually considered their outland office. Generally, Ottawa only issues COPRs to people who are actually in Canada.

Reactions: starnaenae

ardonn1

Aug 15, 2015
It is odd that there are so many different opinions on this even though it would be seemingly straightforward instructions. I think this area could certainly be improved in the process.

I did get through to an agent who mentioned it's based on who the letter is addressed to. I think the only issue if Ottawa does process the passport (which they would!) Is that they will send her PR back to my address and do a local landing. I think the only issue with this is really if you can't get past the border for the landing, unnecessary risk basically as I see it.

We have sent an email as recommendation to Ottawa mentioning the situation, once I have a reply I will update the thread so people in the future can hopefully use this resource.

Likely we will use the Seoul VFS if I was to randomly guess. We can be happy we only needed to send copies of things, which are easy to reproduce.