+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Received

master_aspirant

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi All,

First of all would like to thank all the awesome people here for the wonderful support and guidance throughout the journey. They have been of immense help and could think of having this done without their support, be it the university shortlisting, program selection, deciding university, application inquiries, SOP reviews, finance related questions and what not. I decided to take the whole process myself with sole support of this forum. Here's the brief intro of mine:

I completed my B.Tech (Electronics) in 2012 and after that started working in the electronics domain for 3 years and then switched to software in 2015. Have been working as a software professional since then. I decided to go for masters studies in Canada in 2020 and visited IDP and a couple other places for guidance on the programs that I can apply. Almost all of them suggested me to apply for the colleges as chances for university admission are minimal in their opinion. That's when I decided to apply on my own as I wanted to take the masters program only.

B.Tech percentage: 70%
IELTS: 7.5
Category: SDS
Intake: Jan 2021
University applied: Concordia University
Admit form university: July,2020
CAQ applied: 4th August
CAQ received: 12th August
Medical done upfront: September,2020
VISA application lodged: 1st October,2020
Biometrics done: 7th January,2021
Medical updated: 8th January,2021
AIP: 19th January,2021
BVL: 09 February,2021
PPR received: 09 February,2021

Big shout out to @tapperb for the timely guidance, answering all the questions I have. It's now the time to give back to the community all the support and help that I have gathered from here. Let me know for any help or questions you have.

Thanks again

CMog

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Hi All,

First of all would like to thank all the awesome people here for the wonderful support and guidance throughout the journey. They have been of immense help and could think of having this done without their support, be it the university shortlisting, program selection, deciding university, application inquiries, SOP reviews, finance related questions and what not. I decided to take the whole process myself with sole support of this forum. Here's the brief intro of mine:

I completed my B.Tech (Electronics) in 2012 and after that started working in the electronics domain for 3 years and then switched to software in 2015. Have been working as a software professional since then. I decided to go for masters studies in Canada in 2020 and visited IDP and a couple other places for guidance on the programs that I can apply. Almost all of them suggested me to apply for the colleges as chances for university admission are minimal in their opinion. That's when I decided to apply on my own as I wanted to take the masters program only.

Big shout out to @tapperb for the timely guidance, answering all the questions I have. It's now the time to give back to the community all the support and help that I have gathered from here. Let me know for any help or questions you have.

Thanks again
Congratulations.How much of living expenses did you show?

IronMan92

Feb 9, 2021
@master_aspirant

Hi Congratulations on your visa approval.
I am B.tech 2013 graduated from Civil, worked in IT for 6 plus years. many suggested not to apply for IT courses I went ahead applied for Universities got admission studying online from September 2020 after receiving AIP. Unfortunately when I am in second semester I received refusal.

My profile is similar to yours.
10th - 92%
Inter - 84.7%
B.Tech - 73.4% in Civil
IELTS - 7.5
Applied - July 15 - SDS india
AIP - 03 September
Refusal - February 01
Reason : I am not satisfied you will leave Canada after completion of studies based on purpose of your visit

I have left my well paying job and started studying online and lost nearly one year of my life and huge amount of tuition fees.
I am suffering a lot as I have waited for 08 months for my visa decision and it turned out to be a refusal.

I am applying again for visa but need some help regarding my SOP review. I know you might be busy planning your travel.
But could you please take some time and review my SOP and let me know your thoughts. As we both had similar profiles I just want to know why VO decided to refuse my application and approve yours.

Lazy_thinker

Aug 21, 2020
Hi All,

Thanks again
Congratulations!! Do you know how to initiate passport submission in any Indian VAC?

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Hi All,

Thanks again
Do you remember when your eligibility in review started ?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi All,

Thanks again
Congrats. Concordia is a great university in an amazing city.

Oct 28, 2020
Hi All,

Thanks again
Congratulations. Did you submit consent form etc to VFS? Did they SMS/Emailed you the payment link for passport yet? They said it will be done in 48 hours but did you get it within 48 hours?

master_aspirant

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Congratulations!! Do you know how to initiate passport submission in any Indian VAC?
There's the webform that you can fill once you receive the passport request, and they will send you the acknowledgement mail right after submission. Send you the payment link after 48 hours with further instructions. There are plenty videos on YouTube explaining the whole process.

master_aspirant

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
@master_aspirant

I am B.tech 2013 graduated from Civil, worked in IT for 6 plus years. many suggested not to apply for IT courses I went ahead applied for Universities got admission studying online from September 2020 after receiving AIP. Unfortunately when I am in second semester I received refusal.

10th - 92%
Inter - 84.7%
B.Tech - 73.4% in Civil
IELTS - 7.5
AIP - 03 September
Refusal - February 01
Reason : I am not satisfied you will leave Canada after completion of studies based on purpose of your visit

I have left my well paying job and started studying online and lost nearly one year of my life and huge amount of tuition fees.
I am suffering a lot as I have waited for 08 months for my visa decision and it turned out to be a refusal.

I am applying again for visa but need some help regarding my SOP review. I know you might be busy planning your travel.
But could you please take some time and review my SOP and let me know your thoughts. As we both had similar profiles I just want to know why VO decided to refuse my application and approve yours.
In another post of yours, you mentioned bachelors in mechanical but here you say you did it in civil.

Also, you applied for the Diploma program but not masters in the university. That can also be the reason. With 5+ years of work-ex and applying for diploma program isn't very convincing to the visa officer. And you have family ties too in Canada.

Apply for the GCMS notes and address the concerns of the VISA officer and explain comprehensively how this diploma program can help your career prospects in home country. I can help review your SOP and share the feedback.

Thanks

Last edited:

Monish Husain

Jan 16, 2020
@master_aspirant

10th - 92%
Inter - 84.7%
B.Tech - 73.4% in Civil
IELTS - 7.5
AIP - 03 September
Refusal - February 01

Can you share your course and college name
Also the IT experience.. Like what your roles and responsibilities in past IT job...?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hi All,

Thanks again
Congratulations. When does your winter term starts and are you thinking about deferring to summer term?

If you're deferring to summer, in case, I read that you need obtain a new CAQ for summer term, as you won't be allowed use the CAQ obtained for winter term. I'm asking just in case you want to defer.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Hi All,

Thanks again
Congrats! I have started my online classes for winter intake in Concordia MEng in IE. I have applied for SP on 13 Jan 21 after one refusal.
Best of luck and cheers for the Montreal. Hope we meet one day!

Reactions: master_aspirant