+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Received Today - Need to change VO - Help!!!

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I received PPR today and strangely my VO is New Delhi which is also my primary office, this is as per my nationality.

I was expecting VO to be Ankara, Turkey as per my country of residence.

PPR request is asking me to contact VFS India and send the passport to New Delhi but I want to get this changed to Ankara and use VFS in Azerbaijan.

Please can you guide me how I can get my visa office changed?

Do I need to contact New Delhi since this is my primary office or should I contact CPC - Ottawa as first instance?

Please advice.

Thanks.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Congrats on your PPR. Wait for someone to answer your query.

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sushsmart :D

Wish you all the best for your PPR

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
bram said:
Thanks Sushsmart :D

Wish you all the best for your PPR
You can mail to CPC Ottawa for change of VO for passport stamping. that ll take a week or so for reply.

VNC007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
19-03-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016
Passport Req..
12 Oct 2016
You Have 2 options :

1. You contact CIC by raising a CSE or email (make sure to write Urgent) for changing the VO to your chosen one
But this might take long 10-20 days

2. You contact VFS in your country and check with them, as I feel they will send your passports to NDVO and get them back

Regards,

cnll0075

Mar 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just curious, why can't you mail your passport to New Dehli and have them mail it back?

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
cnll0075 said:
Just curious, why can't you mail your passport to New Dehli and have them mail it back?
Indian passport can't be sent out of country by post as per Indian Law.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
bram said:
Hi

I received PPR today and strangely my VO is New Delhi which is also my primary office, this is as per my nationality.

I was expecting VO to be Ankara, Turkey as per my country of residence.

PPR request is asking me to contact VFS India and send the passport to New Delhi but I want to get this changed to Ankara and use VFS in Azerbaijan.

Please can you guide me how I can get my visa office changed?

Do I need to contact New Delhi since this is my primary office or should I contact CPC - Ottawa as first instance?

Please advice.

Thanks.
Hi - Congrats on your PPR...You can try both the options

1. Send out the mail to CPC-Ottawa (Email should be in the PPR mail) asking for VO change.
2. Raise CSE asking for VO change

I did both and got VO changed within as week or so

All the best

Ravi

Reactions: prk245

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Is it still necessary to request for a VO change if I want to submit to CPC-Ottawa, as I am traveling to Canada within the 30-day submission window?
There are instructions in the PPR letter to be able to send to Ottawa, but I notice my version of the letter has changed to "if you are residing in Canada", but the rest of the letter says "if you have a mailing address in Canada" since I technically will.

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
Hi All,

This may be a silly question, but please help if you can. I received my PPR yesterday and it asks me to send my passport to New Delhi (I'm an Indian citizen), but I live in Sydney. The letter asks us to send the passport within 30 days of receiving it. Some people have said that it takes 15-20 days for a VO change request to be processed and sometimes the request is denied.

My Question - should I just use VFS and send it to New Delhi and live in Sydney without a passport till I get it returned OR should I risk it and ask for a VO change?

Any help will be appreciated...

Thank you!!!

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everyone for your comments.

After reviewing yours and Asivad's comment I eventually sent an email to both NDVO and CPC Ottawa. I have also raised a CSE as Asivad suggested.

My PPR letter did not mention any email address all it mentioned was primary office as New Delhi.

In my email and CSE I have made sure to put URGENT REQUEST in order to expedite my request.

I would suggest Artray to do the same if he is facing the same issue.

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Is it still necessary to request for a VO change if I want to submit to CPC-Ottawa, as I am traveling to Canada within the 30-day submission window?
There are instructions in the PPR letter to be able to send to Ottawa, but I notice my version of the letter has changed to "if you are residing in Canada", but the rest of the letter says "if you have a mailing address in Canada" since I technically will.
Bellaluna - I think you are fine ok to submit your passport in Canada if you reside there and have a mailing address. Just follow the instructions of ordering prepaid envelope via expresspost.

Good luck.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
bram said:
Bellaluna - I think you are fine ok to submit your passport in Canada if you reside there and have a mailing address. Just follow the instructions of ordering prepaid envelope via expresspost.

Good luck.
Thanks, bram, that's what I thought too. I guess my concern is more if CIC can count going in on a visitor visa as "residing".
Someone else has done it before, so I hope they still allow it: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/travelling-to-canada-on-visitor-visa-after-submitting-pr-application-t406348.0.html;msg5079796#msg5079796

Good luck on your VO change.

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Thanks, bram, that's what I thought too. I guess my concern is more if CIC can count going in on a visitor visa as "residing".
Someone else has done it before, so I hope they still allow it: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/travelling-to-canada-on-visitor-visa-after-submitting-pr-application-t406348.0.html;msg5079796#msg5079796

Good luck on your VO change.
Agree Bellaluna, I don't see a problem here for you. Residing is used as being present in Canada so you should be good to go.

All the best for your future in Canada :D

prab0

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Hi I had the same situation. and i got VO changed to London by maliing to NDVO on the email address mentioned in PPR. After few days i also mailed to NDVO on a different address delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. And after 9 days i got mail from london VO to submit the passport. So except this nothing needs to be done.

Hope this helps