+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR received - documents to send

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
I am an Indian citizen working in US. I have received PPR (FSW). Can anybody plz confirm that these are the documents to send, right ? or am I missing anything on the list? thanks a lot.

1. Passport
2. 2 hard copies of photos
3. Completed Annex A form
4. Self addressed return envelope

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Hello Prakash,

I live in the USA too and the below is what was required:

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents.

4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.

I guess you have them right.

Reactions: prakash419

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
Hello Prakash,

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents.

Thanks bkbk, much appreciated. Can you help me with 3 other questions that i have -

1. Where in the Annex A form did you put country name? it has only street address, town, state, zip fields in it, no field/box for country and I am confused how and where to write the country.
2. Where and how did you arrange the self addressed return envelope.
3. Where did you get the photos in required specs. CVS, Wlagreens wont change their spec (2 by 2) and photo studios are askign for 150$ !!

Thanks

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Thanks bkbk, much appreciated. Can you help me with 3 other questions that i have -

1. Where in the Annex A form did you put country name? it has only street address, town, state, zip fields in it, no field/box for country and I am confused how and where to write the country.
2. Where and how did you arrange the self addressed return envelope.
3. Where did you get the photos in required specs. CVS, Wlagreens wont change their spec (2 by 2) and photo studios are askign for 150$ !!

Thanks
1. Write it next to State - this form looks like its only to Canada and US address (not sure what others from outside of North America get)
2. have not sent ours yet, but will probably use Fedex/UPS with a return address
3. Walgreens and we took canada photo instructions with us, the guy was even familiar with the process and signed/stamped with date. (it only cost $15 each person)

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
1. Write it next to State - this form looks like its only to Canada and US address (not sure what others from outside of North America get)
2. have not sent ours yet, but will probably use Fedex/UPS with a return address
3. Walgreens and we took canada photo instructions with us, the guy was even familiar with the process and signed/stamped with date. (it only cost $15 each person)
Thanks, wow and my walgreens told me they can just give me US passprt photo, thats it. Where do you live btw?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thanks, wow and my walgreens told me they can just give me US passprt photo, thats it. Where do you live btw?
In Walgreens passport photo software, they have an option to choose Canada. Ask them to choose that and have the photos printed. It will be as per Canada requirements with 2 photos in a sheet. However, they won't cut the photo as the cutter they have is only meant for US photos. You could cut it yourself using scissors. When they print, borders will be evident in order to aid the cutting. Just make sure border is 50mm * 70mm before you cut and do your adjustments (if required) to the cut based on your measurement.

You can just write 'Walgreens' and the address of the store behind one of the photo after you cut.

Some stores help in cutting too, but it doesn't matter who cuts them. Even they will have to scissors anyways to cut. At least you'd feel better if you cut it by yourself. Some stores stamp and some don't stamp. That is also fine because CIC requirements says it could be a stamp or written. I even know people who got their passports stamped with neither stamp nor writing anything behind the photo. It is just a requirement, but not a hard requirement.

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hello Prakash,

Do we need to send the print out of the PPR mail communication?
What mail or courier service did you utilize ? FedEx or USPS international express ?
Thank You