+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR received - Change the Local Visa Office

triptijoshi

Jul 2, 2017
Hi All,

I am an Indian passport holder living and working in Dubai. I received the email from CIC (PPR) that states “Please provide passports or travel documents for yourself and each accompanying dependant, along with a copy of this letter, to the visa office in Islamabad.”

I am really confused about the location Islamabad since I am based in Dubai? Please advise what to do. Should I request to change the visa office to Dubai? Should I just take a change and courier my passport to Pakistan (although it is illegal to send Indian passport my mail)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Tripti

Reactions: Wunderkid

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
haha! thats Hillarious. I am sure that must be an error. Because yesterday i received my PPR as well and it said send it to Islamabad - Canadian High Commission as well. However I am a Pakistani citizen so that makes more sense to my case. , but since i am an overseas Pakistani who lives in KSA i have raised a CSE to change submission office to Riyadh. Also going to email Ottawa and discuss with Riyadh embassy. I believe you should do the same and try to get it switched to Abu Dhabi office.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Hi All,

I am an Indian passport holder living and working in Dubai. I received the email from CIC (PPR) that states “Please provide passports or travel documents for yourself and each accompanying dependant, along with a copy of this letter, to the visa office in Islamabad.”

I am really confused about the location Islamabad since I am based in Dubai? Please advise what to do. Should I request to change the visa office to Dubai? Should I just take a change and courier my passport to Pakistan (although it is illegal to send Indian passport my mail)?

Kind Regards,
Tripti
As far as you have got the PPR you can submit to any Canadian Visa office abroad. You can directly submit to Abu Dhabi Visa office through VFS who are authorized visa applicaiton centre. Candian Visa Office in Abu Dhabi will not directly entertain you but you should submit your passport to Abu Dhabi Visa office either through Aramex or through VFS. In Dubai there is no Canadian Visa Office. Check below link:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

Even to submit your passports to Abu Dhabi you need not to contact CIC/IRCC or any visa office because the system of immigration is totally integrated through GCMS and therefore any Visa office can print Visa stickers for your passports and print the COPR.

triptijoshi

Jul 2, 2017
As far as you have got the PPR you can submit to any Canadian Visa office abroad. You can directly submit to Abu Dhabi Visa office through VFS who are authorized visa applicaiton centre. Candian Visa Office in Abu Dhabi will not directly entertain you but you should submit your passport to Abu Dhabi Visa office either through Aramex or through VFS. In Dubai there is no Canadian Visa Office. Check below link:-

Even to submit your passports to Abu Dhabi you need not to contact CIC/IRCC or any visa office because the system of immigration is totally integrated through GCMS and therefore any Visa office can print Visa stickers for your passports and print the COPR.
Dear managersonline,

Many thanks for your response, very helpful indeed.

But I have one small query, when I click on this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp and select Country as UAE and click on Abu Dhabi it takes me to the Visa office Abu Dhabi page where there is an option for Dubai VFS under the “Closest visa application centre (VAC)”

Can I go to Dubai VFS and submit my passport, photograph etc OR should I go to VFS Abu Dhabi?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Tripti

triptijoshi

Jul 2, 2017
haha! thats Hillarious. I am sure that must be an error. Because yesterday i received my PPR as well and it said send it to Islamabad - Canadian High Commission as well. However I am a Pakistani citizen so that makes more sense to my case. , but since i am an overseas Pakistani who lives in KSA i have raised a CSE to change submission office to Riyadh. Also going to email Ottawa and discuss with Riyadh embassy. I believe you should do the same and try to get it switched to Abu Dhabi office.
Thanks Omidahomie,

Will do that, many thanks for your response.

Kind REgards,
Tripti

Reactions: Omidahomie

romanic

Dec 31, 2013

Hi managersonline,
Kindly advise if we can change the visa office without notifying CPC-Ottawa? Thanks

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8

Solid reply . Thanks guy! I went to VFS today and they said the same, can send it to any close by Canadian embassy you want. Wonder how long it will take though.

gill2038

Apr 29, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-10-2017
Solid reply . Thanks guy! I went to VFS today and they said the same, can send it to any close by Canadian embassy you want. Wonder how long it will take though.
Did VFS accept ur ppr letter and passport? I am in similar situation. My ppr letter says to submit passport to Ottawa office, but I am in India right now. Can I visit VFS center in India and submit my passport without waiting for new ppr email?

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Did VFS accept ur ppr letter and passport? I am in similar situation. My ppr letter says to submit passport to Ottawa office, but I am in India right now. Can I visit VFS center in India and submit my passport without waiting for new ppr email?
You probably should email NDVO and get an official reply for them saying to submit to them . So you would attach that new email along with the original and submit to your nearest VFS. That's what I did . However today I received a 2nd PPR email changing my visa office to Abu Dhabi. Since I've already sent it to Riyadh as per their email I am not sure what to do?

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015

Yes i have done the same way. They requested me to submit passport in abu dhabi office but since my family was in pak so i came to pak and submit passports in vac lahore directly. If there was any issue they could have refused to take the passports.

Red-Rose

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Tdot
Category........
FAM
Yes i have done the same way. They requested me to submit passport in abu dhabi office but since my family was in pak so i came to pak and submit passports in vac lahore directly. If there was any issue they could have refused to take the passports.
Hi can you please tell how long did it take vac in Lahore to give you back your passppassports with visa?

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hi All,

Kind Regards,
Tripti
@triptijoshi What did you eventually do? I also received a PPR letter to submit to London office in UK and I am an Indian Passport holder living in UAE.

ikamalsingh

Mar 7, 2015
@triptijoshi What did you eventually do? I also received a PPR letter to submit to London office in UK and I am an Indian Passport holder living in UAE.

Hey,

I got my Passport request on 17th last month and i submitted in Dubai office where they couriered it to Auh office the following day. I live in Dubai too! You can submit the passport to any of the CIC office nearby.

Reactions: Wunderkid

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hey,

I got my Passport request on 17th last month and i submitted in Dubai office where they couriered it to Auh office the following day. I live in Dubai too! You can submit the passport to any of the CIC office nearby.
@ikmalsingh Thanks for replying .How long did it take for you to get your passport back?