+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR one week after BVL/correspondence letter

austonpramodh

Dec 2, 2020
I received my BVL on 27th May, Waiting for a decision.

Do you know anyone who got rejection after a long time of getting BVL. Say, 1 or 2 days after getting BVL?

Reactions: Uvr
Jul 19, 2021
Hi
I have a vistors visa, and i still had to send my passport and it got stamped.
Hey guys. I just got my PPR.
i already have my visit visa so i assumed they will only give me a port of entry letter. But now it seems i have to send my passport?
Hello, please can you help me, I too have got my Port of Entry letter and have a Canadian visitor visa, but I still have not received the PPR yet, so should I wait for the PPR, pls advise that will be helpful

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello, please can you help me, I too have got my Port of Entry letter and have a Canadian visitor visa, but I still have not received the PPR yet, so should I wait for the PPR, pls advise that will be helpful
How did you get PoE without PPR? PoE is usually only uploaded to your account after counterfoil is issued.

Jul 19, 2021
The status of my file is approved, I can see approved status under final decision. Plus I have the POE which is valid for 2 years and it says I can enter Canada & the permit authorising your studies will be issued on your arrival to Canada...

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
The status of my file is approved, I can see approved status under final decision. Plus I have the POE which is valid for 2 years and it says I can enter Canada & the permit authorising your studies will be issued on your arrival to Canada...
Oh got ya! Maybe because you already have a valid visitor's visa, they are not issuing you a new one so no need for PPR.

If you have a valid entry visa (check counterfoil status for your TRV), you should be able to travel.

Jul 19, 2021
Yes that is probably the reason I have not got the PPR request, however my TRV is on a visitor status and not student, should that suffice to travel since I already have the POE letter

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes that is probably the reason I have not got the PPR request, however my TRV is on a visitor status and not student, should that suffice to travel since I already have the POE letter
Yes it should. TRV is really to allow you entry into Canada, but with the current restrictions it's best to have a S-1 or SW-1 as students are exempted. However, the fact that you have a valid PoE should override that. I think you are good to go.

You can also attempt to ask IRCC via their twitter handle.

Jul 19, 2021
Yes I did tweeted them, they said if I have a valid TRV and POE and do not recieve the PPR then that's fine.

Quote from IRCC - If you already have a valid TRV and POE letter and do not receive a passport request, that should be fine. Note: no immigration decisions are made based on our social media answers.

Reactions: wonderbly