Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
Hi all,

For anyone who has received a PPR recently, could you please send a sample of that on this thread? I want to verify what the minimum requirement for the passport should be like. To better explain my situation, my passport is valid until May 2016, however, I have only two pages left on it. I have to travel to my home country in September for 3 weeks. At the current processing rate, I am not confident I will see a PPR in the next couple of weeks (April AOR). My BOWP is approved and I'm hesitant to apply for the Work visa because of the PPR requirements. I have read conflicting requirements online - some say you need 1 page for the PPR and others say you need 2.

For a regular work visa the checklist mentions the passport requirement as follows: "Valid passport (there must be one blank page other than the last page available in each passport)".

Could someone please let me know the passport page requirement for a PPR?

Any help is much appreciated!

silmarilli103

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
I just spoke to a CIC agent (got through within 30 second of my call!!). He basically said he had no information on my file or the passport requirement and couldn't help me :(

Anyone else?

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
silmarilli103 said:
Hi all,

For anyone who has received a PPR recently, could you please send a sample of that on this thread? I want to verify what the minimum requirement for the passport should be like. To better explain my situation, my passport is valid until May 2016, however, I have only two pages left on it. I have to travel to my home country in September for 3 weeks. At the current processing rate, I am not confident I will see a PPR in the next couple of weeks (April AOR). My BOWP is approved and I'm hesitant to apply for the Work visa because of the PPR requirements. I have read conflicting requirements online - some say you need 1 page for the PPR and others say you need 2.

For a regular work visa the checklist mentions the passport requirement as follows: "Valid passport (there must be one blank page other than the last page available in each passport)".

Could someone please let me know the passport page requirement for a PPR?

Any help is much appreciated!
As per CIC information letter which I received post PPR, it clearly states minimum 2 blank pages are required in your valid current passport. I hope this helps you.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
You could ask the immigration officer not to use the two blank pages left and instead to find some space on another page to stamp the passport.

diaaemad

Nov 22, 2014
SushilEE said:
As per CIC information letter which I received post PPR, it clearly states minimum 2 blank pages are required in your valid current passport. I hope this helps you.
Hi
Would it be possible to have the 2 blank pages apart, ie not consecutive to each other, I have 2 blank pages each in separate page. Please advise

lyndon3009

Sep 12, 2015
diaaemad said:
Hi
Would it be possible to have the 2 blank pages apart, ie not consecutive to each other, I have 2 blank pages each in separate page. Please advise
Hi,

Does anyone know the answer for this question? I was told to send in my passport today and I am very concerned. My home country embassy in Canada takes forever to issue a new passport and my old passport has two blank pages but they are not consecutive.

Plus, on the back of the two blank pages, two different visas were stuck on them. Please share your experience as I am very worried with the 30 days deadline.

NELLY_D

Aug 10, 2017
I just spoke to a CIC agent (got through within 30 second of my call!!). He basically said he had no information on my file or the passport requirement and couldn't help me :(

Anyone else?
hi im in thesame situation. i have two blank pages on my passport but not consecutive. is that an issue??

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hey guys! Did you'll get sorted with this? I have the same question. Will two blank pages (not consecutive) work?
The initial immigrant visa is just one page

shelpereira

Apr 19, 2018
The initial immigrant visa is just one page
Thanks Hamgha. That was a really prompt response. Appreciate it.

I had another question. Although it may not apply to you but possibly you are aware. Tried asking this question in different forums but no reply yet.
My 'Ready for visa' letter says ensure your passport is valid for atleast 12 months from the date of this letter. My passport expires in July 2019 and my medicals in April 2019, which means by passport is now valid for ~11 months (visa will be till April). Do you think there would be issues submitting my passport with this validity or should i renew it first?

Appreciate any advice on this. Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

I had another question. Although it may not apply to you but possibly you are aware. Tried asking this question in different forums but no reply yet.
My 'Ready for visa' letter says ensure your passport is valid for atleast 12 months from the date of this letter. My passport expires in July 2019 and my medicals in April 2019, which means by passport is now valid for ~11 months (visa will be till April). Do you think there would be issues submitting my passport with this validity or should i renew it first?

Honestly in your case i'd renew it. You still need a page for stamping and then what. It depends on how easy it is to renew your passport from abroad. Not really familiar with the procedures for various countries.

shelpereira

Apr 19, 2018

Thanks again Hamgha. Yes, I think it would be ideal to renew the passport first and then submit. Just worried about the issuing of passport which would be an issue.

ozoozo

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi,

Does anyone know the answer for this question? I was told to send in my passport today and I am very concerned. My home country embassy in Canada takes forever to issue a new passport and my old passport has two blank pages but they are not consecutive.

Plus, on the back of the two blank pages, two different visas were stuck on them. Please share your experience as I am very worried with the 30 days deadline.
Did you face any trouble??