Honduras
Got the COPR and passport back today! Here was the timeline:

Email received: Dec. 4, 2017
Passport send (DHL): Dec. 13, 2017
Delivered: Dec. 18. 2017
Application updated (approved): Jan. 5, 2018
Return tracking number activated: Jan. 9, 2018
Received: Jan. 12, 2018

I am so thankful for this forum, it was so much easier to be able to see that other people were dealing with the same issues!

(The address the passport was sent to was: Embassy of Canada in Mexico City, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada, 11520, Mexico DF, Mexico)

Reactions: March7787

March7787

May 21, 2017
Hello you all. I got PPR last Jan 5th!!!
I already sent everything to the Saavedra address. Just one question for those with CORP, when does it expire and when is the latest you can do your landing?
I didn't expect the process to be this fast!
Thnx!
I received my ppr request on Jan 5th as well we sent the passport on the 9th of January so far no news.

LeoRei

May 13, 2014
I received my ppr request on Jan 5th as well we sent the passport on the 9th of January so far no news.
Did you get your passport back?
My cic status changed to approved a week ago, but still waiting for the documents. Even worse, the tracking in DHL says "Shipment information received" but no actual shipment is reported.

Is it normal that once approved they a taking this long to send the documents? How can I figure out if there was any kind of trouble with the pre-paid return envelope?

Thanx for your help.

RandomPlanet

Dec 7, 2017
Honduras
My cic status changed to approved a week ago, but still waiting for the documents. Even worse, the tracking in DHL says "Shipment information received" but no actual shipment is reported.

Is it normal that once approved they a taking this long to send the documents? How can I figure out if there was any kind of trouble with the pre-paid return envelope?

Thanx for your help.
In our case, the return tracking number was activated 4 days after the application was marked as approved and the passport was received 3 days after that (a week after the CIC status change).

Your best bet may be to contact DHL to get information about your envelope, they may be able to clarify the status of your shipment for you.

March7787

May 21, 2017
Hello Group I wanted to share my timeline
Outland no dependants, Applicant from Ecuador Visa Office in Mexico.

1. Application sent February 17/2017
2.Schedule A Background 03/13/17
3.Sponsorship Approval 03/24/17
-We didn’t receive an AOR our rep never mentioned one.
4.Second Medical Request 11/17/17 (Upfront expired)
5.Medical Sent 11/22/17
6.Passport Request 01/05/18
7.Passport sent 01/08/18
8.Tracking Label Activated 01/17/18 by Fedex Return Label
9.COPR and Passport with Visa Stamp Received
*** 01/19/18***
It has been 11 months since the start of the application.

As the passport was sent from Ecuador I had a bad experience with DHL as they did not print out a return label. The VO in Mexico will email you asking for a return label once they receive the passport and ask for a return label if that was not submitted. The best way is by FedEx express.

Thanx for your help.

Thanx for your help.

lffuentes23

Dec 18, 2014
Mexico
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2017
Doc's Request.
15-11-2017
AOR Received.
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Hey guys,

I finally got PPR. I was instructed to send a copy of my passport to the VAC in Mexico City. I guess the address will be the following:

Jaime Balmes #11, Torre D-201A, Col.
Polanco Delegación Miguel Hidalgo,
Mexico, Distrito Federal, CP 11510

I can see that some people sent their passport to the embassy at Miguel de Cervantes. Which one should I send my passport? In my PPR letter, it states that I have to send it to the VAC. It does not say anything about the embassy so I guess I will go ahead an send it to the VAC as per the PPR letter. What do you guys think?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I finally got PPR. I was instructed to send a copy of my passport to the VAC in Mexico City. I guess the address will be the following:

Jaime Balmes #11, Torre D-201A, Col.
Polanco Delegación Miguel Hidalgo,
Mexico, Distrito Federal, CP 11510

I can see that some people sent their passport to the embassy at Miguel de Cervantes. Which one should I send my passport? In my PPR letter, it states that I have to send it to the VAC. It does not say anything about the embassy so I guess I will go ahead an send it to the VAC as per the PPR letter. What do you guys think?
Call the VAC. AFAIK they don't deal with PR applications (unless something changed recently).

lffuentes23

Dec 18, 2014
Mexico
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2017
Doc's Request.
15-11-2017
AOR Received.
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Call the VAC. AFAIK they don't deal with PR applications (unless something changed recently).
Ok. I just called the VAC and told me that I have to send my passport to the VAC which is the address that I specified. I guess they have changed the process.

lffuentes23

Dec 18, 2014
Mexico
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2017
Doc's Request.
15-11-2017
AOR Received.
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Hey guys,

My passport was delivered today at the VAC in Mexico city. Question..... Do we get a confirmation from the VAC that they received it or should I call them tomorrow to confirm? I only have the delivery confirmation from DHL.

Arod

May 15, 2017
Hi DelPiero,

I was hoping you could advise what to do in my case.

My AOR is from March so I still have a few months more to wait before getting PPR. If I do get the "golden e-mail" I will probably need to send my passport to the Mexico City VO given that I'm from a Latin American country (non-visa exempt), and it seems this is the office where applicants from this region need to send their documentation.

My passport expires in September. It is my understanding that when you submit your passport for COPR it needs to be valid for at least 6 months. In the event that I get the request for passport e-mail I will need to submit a different one from the one that was submitted during e-APR, therefore I would need to renew it.

Having said that, should I do this upfront or should I wait until I get the PPR e-mail? I already scheduled an appointment for next week to renew my passport, but I'm not sure if I should hold off on this.

If I renew it, as I said before it will be different from the passport information that was submitted during e-APR. Who should be notified in this case?

I want to go through this PR process as smoothly as possible and this is the only thing in which I'm unclear as to how to proceed.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DelPiero,

I was hoping you could advise what to do in my case.

My AOR is from March so I still have a few months more to wait before getting PPR. If I do get the "golden e-mail" I will probably need to send my passport to the Mexico City VO given that I'm from a Latin American country (non-visa exempt), and it seems this is the office where applicants from this region need to send their documentation.

My passport expires in September. It is my understanding that when you submit your passport for COPR it needs to be valid for at least 6 months. In the event that I get the request for passport e-mail I will need to submit a different one from the one that was submitted during e-APR, therefore I would need to renew it.

Having said that, should I do this upfront or should I wait until I get the PPR e-mail? I already scheduled an appointment for next week to renew my passport, but I'm not sure if I should hold off on this.

If I renew it, as I said before it will be different from the passport information that was submitted during e-APR. Who should be notified in this case?

I want to go through this PR process as smoothly as possible and this is the only thing in which I'm unclear as to how to proceed.
Renew your passport and raise a CSE to provide IRCC the information of such new passport so your file gets updated.

Reactions: Arod

Danielcal

Aug 29, 2017
Hi All,

Im mexico VO also, and haven't heard from them. Im IP2 since february 27th. Does anyone have a contact I could talk to or email in the embassy in mexico? Tnx

lffuentes23

Dec 18, 2014
Mexico
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2017
Doc's Request.
15-11-2017
AOR Received.
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Hey Guys,

I just received COPR.

Here is my timeline:

FSWO - Mexico LVO
AOR: Nov 3rd
IP1: Nov 15th
ADR for Mexico PCC: Nov 15th
MEP: Nov 15th
Uploaded PCC: Nov 29th
NA2: Jan 2nd
Job mail letter: Jan 5th
Application transfer from CIO to Mexico LVO: Jan 8th (As per GCMS Notes)
Medical Extension: Jan 16th. (Note: My medicals expired on February 28th so I got them extended automatically for another year)
IP2: Feb 27th
PPR: April 3rd
Submit PPT: April 6th
Delivered PPT: April 9th
Application approved: April 18th
Received COPR: April 24th (COPR expiration date is January 14, 2019)

Notes: For my CRS Score, I claimed points for my past Canadian work experience and past Canadian education.
I am planning to land at Toronto Pearson airport on August 16th. I will take a direct flight from Mexico City to Toronto.