+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Letter address and email address incorrect?

knowwhat

May 19, 2018
Hi, I received a PPR letter at my GCKey. I did not receive any Email. The address at my PPR letter is one of the old addresses at my personal history and not my permanent address where I reside. Also, the email address is incorrect in the PPR letter.

What should be done in such a case? The letter clearly says 'Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.'

Can I still proceed with VFS and submit my passport for stamping with this letter, or do I have to wait to get a corrected one?

Hus Shareef

Jun 20, 2022
Hi, I received a PPR letter at my GCKey. I did not receive any Email. The address at my PPR letter is one of the old addresses at my personal history and not my permanent address where I reside. Also, the email address is incorrect in the PPR letter.

What should be done in such a case? The letter clearly says 'Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.'

Can I still proceed with VFS and submit my passport for stamping with this letter, or do I have to wait to get a corrected one?

Hello knowwhat,
I am in the exact same situation as you are - my address and email address need updating too.

Please let me know what you are doing / had done for this case.

Thanks !

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

Let them know your present address.

Hus Shareef

Jun 20, 2022
Let them know your present address.
Yes, I have dropped them an email about that

And a follow up question -
Do I have to wait for them to generate a new letter ? or
Can I submit the passport for stamping, this being just an address and contact details change...

surjit59

Nov 18, 2020
Yes, I have dropped them an email about that

And a follow up question -
Do I have to wait for them to generate a new letter ? or
Can I submit the passport for stamping, this being just an address and contact details change...
I have got the same issue. although after reading the comments, i am sending the webform regarding address change. but did u get any reply or what is the update regarding this issue from IRCC

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
I have the same issue. Did you get a new PPR letter with the correct address?

I submitted a webform 2 weeks ago when I received my PPR letter and I'm not sure if I should wait for a new letter or submit passport to VFS using the letter with the wrong address.

SawM1708

Nov 20, 2022
Has anyone got a response from IRCC? I have the same issue. Address change was submitted a month ago via webform but still PPR received for old country of residence. Should I wait for revised letter?
Also, any direct email address for ircc to send a query on?

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Has anyone got a response from IRCC? I have the same issue. Address change was submitted a month ago via webform but still PPR received for old country of residence. Should I wait for revised letter?
Also, any direct email address for ircc to send a query on?
I submitted the webform over 2 weeks ago and no response yet. I really don't know what to do...I need to submit passport before December 2.

I'm going to try to call IRCC and see if I can talk with an agent.